Guys, Please Stop Wearing Gym Shorts And Slides As An Outfit

Boys, Please Grow Up And Stop Wearing Gym Shorts When You Aren't Going To The Gym

Girls everywhere will thank you.

133

Guys, I'm going to level with you guys on something that I've been thinking about for a hot minute. I've talked to other girls (and honestly a couple of guys) about this, and I think that we can come to a general agreement on this issue. And it regards how you dress.

Please stop wearing gym shorts if you aren't going to the gym.

Now I totally understand wanting to wear comfy clothes sometimes. I am a huge fan of sweatpants and hoodies when I feel like an absolute hobo and want to just lay around all day. I get it. Comfy clothes are great sometimes.

But wearing gym shorts, a T-shirt, and tall Nike socks with slides is not a look. It is not an outfit, and it is not cute.

If you're going to the gym later, wearing gym shorts is totally OK. I can definitely understand if it's leg day and you are going to run from class to the gym. I get that. But please don't make your go-to outfit whatever is closest to your bed when you wake up. Because I'm going to be real with you guys, it makes you look lazy. It makes things look like you don't care about what you look like.

It makes it look like you don't care about looking nice for yourself.

When girls dress up, we dress up for ourselves. We dress up to feel good and to show up our cute new clothes off. You guys should do the same thing. One of the greatest feelings in the world is to have someone compliment you on what you look like. It brightens your day. And trust me, putting on a nice outfit isn't that hard. It doesn't take that much time. I'm not asking you to put on a tuxedo for your 8 a.m. class (that would be a little too extra), but I am asking you to consider putting on a pair of jeans and a nicer shirt, or even just a T-shirt that isn't sporting your favorite sports team.

Put some effort into your outfit and take some pride in your appearance. Trust me, girls are going to thank you for it.