6 Reasons Taking Workout Classes Will Be Your Best Decision This Semester

A strong body means a strong mind in college.

181

Working out and staying fit in college can be hard. Between classes, homework, papers, and spending time with friends, it can be hard to find time to go to the gym. For me, I lack a lot of motivation to work out and take the long hike to the rec. Taking a workout class was a good way for me to actually find the time and the motivation to work out and meet my fitness goals. Workout classes can be a great way to meet like-minded people and really just take a break from your studies. Here are 6 reasons why I swear by actual workout classes.

1. If you paid for it, you're more likely to go.

At my school, we get a free gym membership but have to pay for the classes. I have found that if I'm actually spending money on a fitness class, I'm more likely to work out because I don't want to waste the money that I spent. It's a really good motivator.

2. The freshman 15 is a real thing.

People always make jokes about the weight you'll gain in college and let me tell you, it's really true. Eating all of the processed and greasy food will really make you gain weight fast. Taking part in a fitness class is a great way to work off the calories.

3. You'll be able to meet new friends.

Taking a workout class is the perfect way to meet people. Everyone in your class is working towards being more in shape and honestly, those are the best kind of friends to have.

4. Strong body, strong mind.

My dad always told me a strong body, strong mind. Working out is a great stress reliever and can help a lot with all of the deadlines that you'll have in college.

5. You'll get to take a break from studying.

Most people will do anything to have an excuse to stop studying for a bit. Going to the gym is a positive excuse that I think actually helps your productivity.

6. Someone's there to guide you if you don't know what you're doing.

A lot of people don't go to the gym because they don't know what to do. Taking a fitness class allows you to have a teacher helping you along every step of the way.