Off To College I Go

Off To College I Go

A letter to my parents.

8
Off To College I Go
Country Living

Well the time has come, we all knew it was coming...but it came really fast. I am leaving the nest, and going off to college. That feels really weird to say! Not only is that weird, but so is the fact that I'm even old enough to be leaving. I can't even imagine how you're feeling. The fear of sending your first born (girl) out into the world and only hoping that all you've taught me is good enough. Well here is some reassurance...

Dear Parents,
You have truly given me the best 19 years. Y'all are my biggest support system. From all the volleyball games and tennis matches, to telling me to shoot for the stars and pursue photography, there was never a doubt in your mind I couldn't do it. Both of you have been my parents but are now becoming my best friends. Mom has always said "When nobody else is there, your family always will be," as always I never really believed her, until I had to learn that statement the hard way. Yet again you were right, so thank you [family] for being the best friends I'll ever have!

So as much as y'all aren't ready for me to leave, I'm pretty ready to see what's out there. I'm not one to wanna get out and do things out of my comfort zone, but I think it's time. You have taught me so many things, and here are a few:

1. Pray for those who hurt you, for they themselves are hurting.

2. Reach for excellence, not perfection.

3. Respect your elders.

4. "The Bible is always... True," I can hear Mom saying this one.

5. Be Strong and Courageous.

Not only did you teach me these things, you lived them out. You both have been such amazing role models for me!

Dad- You are the first man I ever loved, and the one who has a special place in my heart. I have no idea what I am going to do without all your really good dinners. You're the best workout partner I've ever had you always motivated me when I thought I couldn't do something, and we always had the best conversations at the gym. I'm also thankful that I gained the "cleanest room award" by all my friends, because without you constantly telling me to clean it, my room would probably be a total disaster. I will also hold dear to my heart all of the daddy daughter dates you took me on, those were the best. Just remember I'll forever and always be your little girl!

Momma- You and I have something that can never be taken. You are everything a girl wants in a best friend and I couldn't be more thankful for that. The road trips, random ice cream runs, and the love for shopping. You have also shown me how truly important your family is to you by opening up a business and putting everything on the line. You are such a strong women, one that I hope to be like someday! Thank you for all the unforgettable memories. Also no worries, I promise to call you everyday...especially when I need help with my history homework!

I love y'all with all my heart,

-The Daughter Leaving The Nest

P.S. I'm expecting lots of care packages...