A Disappointing Start to Call of Duty Mobile Season 4

COD Mobile just started their 4th season, but it feels like it's moving backwards.

15

Call of Duty Mobile has been exciting thus far with their last three seasons, adding in maps, weapons, and score-streaks favored by all Call of Duty players and adding new game modes such as Sticks and Stones, One in the Chamber, and Warfare to Battle Royale.

Now that they've just released season 4 they've taken away Warfare from Battle Royale and replaced it with Snipers Only and we've gotten word that by, I believe, March 25th, Zombies mode will be taken away from gameplay as well, which was a huge portion of COD Mobile that was hyped up for a long time last year.

As a regular COD Mobile player, I gotta say I'm a bit confused. Why take away a big portion of the gameplay? A part of me can understand as Zombies mode can be a little repetitive with only 3 gameplay modes, 1 map, and 1 hidden easter egg, but as repetitive as it was why not just add more to it? Also with Warfare mode on Battle Royale, I understand why they're taking that away either. Warfare, in my opinion, was one of the most fun modes in the entire game. I would constantly be playing Warfare, moving tactically throughout the map with my team to engage the enemy and respawn on the frontlines of the battle. It was constant activity that I loved, giving a great balance between a team deathmatch and regular Battle Royale, and removing it from the game was pretty disappointing.

Hopefully, the removal of this content is to make room for more content down the road of this season. They've added another map and the Hive to the game, which was a great addition because personally, I love the Hive. Overall, this start of the season isn't going to deter me from playing. I still think it's a fun game to play, but I do hope that they have plans to add to the game in the near future.