A Closed Letter To My Best Friends

A Closed Letter To My Best Friends

I've come to realize that the only people I need in my life are the ones who need me in theirs even when I have nothing else to offer them but myself.

13
A Closed Letter To My Best Friends
Arry Ramirez

Every time I read one of these letters, they're open and blunt. They somehow always relate to who's ever reading them too. And those are cool and all but I don't want any confusion here. This is a letter to my real friends, just the three of them, and they know who they are.

Dear Four Lokos,

Man, we created that nickname as a joke back in ninth/tenth grade and it just stuck. As embarrassing as is, it represents us perfectly (and our weekends back then). I don't really know how to start this letter out, I just know that I needed to write this for you guys.

Individually, the way I met all of you was strange but I don't regret it for a second. I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and our relationship wouldn't be as meaningful, or as strong, if we didn't meet the way we did. Whether we hated each other at first (for no reason, you just gave me a dirty look and I wanted to fight) or you bravely hung out with a stranger one day and met the rest of us. And Sam? I'm not really sure how we met. We just became friends somewhere along the way back in seventh grade so that's cool too.

You've all been with me through the best periods of my life, dealt with me at my nastiest (smh Scorpios right?), cried with me through my worst and laughed with me hysterically (and disgustingly) through all the times in between. Despite the lowkey hatred and the constant fights in the group chat, you guys have taught me so much and I wouldn't be the person I am without you. My best memories were made with you and my wild stories always involve you.

Our relationship is truly like no other, like seriously, who cries of laughter just by talking about how funny they are? We literally just laugh at the funny stuff we said once in the past, and it happens at least twice a day. My six years of high school would've been incredibly difficult without you guys by my side. Remember when we didn't have any classes together in eighth grade so we would hand write letters to give each other in between classes when we passed each other? Or the Cove nights that ended in Wendy's? Or the one time Jessyka ate 40 chicken nuggets in one sitting and no one didn't even notice? My favorite where the roasting sessions in the group chat that resulted in some going to far and hitting another insecurities.

There are a lot of reasons why I'm thankful to have you three in my life, here are just a few of them:

- Thank you for showing up to my house uninvited and with no warning just so we end up taking a nap together. (Sorry for the door being locked all of the sudden, I'm just going to make you keys.)

- Thank you going on adventures with me.

- Thank you for attending all of those concerts that I dragged you to. (That ultimately changed your life.)

- Thank you for sitting outside all those concert venues with me for hours- to even a couple days at once.

- Thank you for showing up to my house with three pints of Half Baked ice cream after I got all four of my wisdom teeth removed, cause it's my favorite.

- Thank you for giving me you Instagram password so I could stalk this girl I didn't like.

- Thank you for playing leap frog with me at work.

- Thank you for putting me in place when I started acting up.

- Thank you for covering up for me when I did act up.

- Thank you for letting me sleep even though you came over to hang out with me.

- Thank you for sharing boys with me. And still being my friend after all the hurtful words exchanged after we stupidly shared boys.

- Thank you for being there for me and dealing with me even though I'm probably the most stubborn person (after Darlene, of course.)

- Thank you for giving me attention when I desperately, and annoyingly, craved it.

- Thank you for telling me to be mush and not to worry about what people might think of me.

- Thank you for giving me the courage to be mushy and put my heart out on the line. For the courage to step out of my comfort zone despite my fear of rejection because rejection last seconds while regret lasts a life time.

- Thank you for faving all my tweets because I didn't want to seem like a loser.

- Thank you for encouraging me to follow my dreams. Thank you for teaching me that I'm good enough.

-Most of all, thank you for being my best friends.

All three of you have the greatest, most powerful souls. You make me proud to be your friend and I can't wait to see what He has in store for you. I'm so proud of your accomplishments so far, I can't imagine how much you'll individually change the world some day. Words can't explain how excited I am to stand next you at all your weddings, be an aunt to your kids and force our kiddies to be friends. Keep your senses of humor, work ethics, and perspectives of the world. Those are my favorite parts of you. Go kill it out there so we can become famous and eat good. You got my whole heart and more.