The Climate Strike and it's impact

The Climate Strike and it's impact

Today, there were climate strikes all around the world. Why did they happen?

7
The Climate Strike and it's impact

All over the world, people gathered together for a climate strike. The climate strike was used as a way to bring awareness and put pressure on world leaders to do something about the climate crisis we're in.

Many people are seeing the strike as the push for leaders to pass any kind of legislature to fix our increasing climate danger. Thousands of people missed work or school to stand up and fight for the only planet we have. Students are being widely recognized for their bravery to demand a secure future and many believe only by combating climate change that can happen.

Also being referred to as The School Strike for Climate Change, the climate strike is the biggest recorded in history. So many people went out to fight for the right to have a safe future and many faces are rising to the spotlight for it.

A notable figure in the climate strike is Greta Thunberg, the 15 year old Swedish girl with Autism, is being noted as a huge figure in the fight for climate change. Last year she was recognized as the only person to strike in Sweden and today she stood with thousands of other's joining in on her activism.

All over the world, the effects of climate change is being felt. World record heat waves, tropical storms and many other natural disasters are happening and it's our job as the inhabitants of the earth to fix what we've destroyed. Scientists cite that the lasting effects of climate change will be permanent unless we do something. Within the ext few years, the effects will become irreversible and eventually, earth will become uninhabitable.

With all of the scary thoughts surrounding climate change, the positive is that so many people are making the effort to speak up and do something. As a society, we all contribute and should all be actively doing our part to combat this epidemic. What are you going to do to fight climate change?