15 Pieces Of Classical Music That Will Give You The Chills

Think classical music is boring? These pieces will raise your neck hair!

765

For the average listener, classical music can be seen as nothing more than old orchestra music made centuries ago. Some will claim that no one actually enjoys them and they're just fancy pieces of music made by broke old guys from the 1700s who wore wigs.

But if you're ever willing to give classical music the chance it deserves, check out some of these badass masterpieces that still stand the test of time and will give you chills down your spine!

1. Verdi - "Requiem: Dies Irae"

Picture this:

The army of darkness is preparing for their final battle against the forces of evil to save the earth and bring light back into the world.

The general of good, his eyes completely white with an intense and determined good for victory, begins the charge downfield to fight the wicked oppressors with the dark angels flying from the heavens and the spirits of martyrs return to avenge the fallen!

The apocalypse in the backdrop creates a sky of fire and lightning!

That's what it feels like listening to this epic piece of music by Giuseppe Verdi!

2. Carmina Burana - "O Fortuna" 

Ok, read what I wrote for the previous piece of music and it feels just as good!

The crew of "Jackass" were also smart enough to put this in the opening of their first movie!

Also, read the last moments of The Battle of Hogwarts in "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows" with this song in your head, the big climax of the song being when Harry takes off the cloak of invisibility and confronts Voldemort for their final duel.

Chills.

Chills!

CHILLS!

3. Mozart - "Requiem"

Why Mozart's "Requiem" is both beautiful and haunting to this day is that it was his final piece of music and he died before completing it.

The mythos of Mozart writing this piece symbolizing finality while in ailing health inspired the Academy Award-winning film "Amadeus."

Knowing that this work was the farewell song of arguably the most celebrated composer of all-time, "Requiem's" power can still be felt centuries later.

4. Bach - "Chello Suite 1in G Major, Prelude"

If you're a cello player, this is the piece of music that is the gold standard.

The movement and flow of Johann Sebastian Bach's masterpiece are so beautiful and timeless.

5. Antonio Vivaldi - "Storm"

How can you not bang your head to this like a heavy metal song!

SLAYER!!!

VIVALDI!!!

6. Beethoven - "Moonlight Sonata" 

You can be lost in this song like a dream.

Fun note: The Beatles song from Abbey Road titled "Because" is "Moonlight Sonata" played backward.

Schubert - "Ave Maria"

Emotional.

Heartbreaking.

Beautiful.

8. Beethoven - "Ode to Joy" 

The title itself says it all!

9. Erik Satie - "Gymnopédie No.1"

This was played on the "Man On Wire" documentary and I absolutely fell in love with it's spellbinding notes.

10. Bach - "Air on the G String"

The outer space music video is fitting for another Bach masterpiece.

11. Mozart - "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, K 525 Allegro"

Maybe the most recognizable notes of Mozart's career, that says enough.

12. Pachelbel - "Canon in D" 

Another great flowing orchestra of a work that you might've heard before but don't know the name nor the artist.

13. Camille Saint-Saëns - "Danse Macabre"

Translates into "Dance of the Skeletons" and it is as awesome as you'd think!

Think Jack Skellington dancing with Sally from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" when listening to this.

14. Beethoven - "5th Symphony"

Hey, it's only the most the four most iconic notes in classical music history!

15. George Gershwin - "Rhapsody In Blue"

Yes, folks, great classical music was made in the 20th century, and it may be the greatest work of music of the past 100 years as well.

The spirit of the Roaring 20s is as alive as ever in this, it's as lively as vibrant as anything you'll hear on the radio today.

Check out this clip playing the song in the Disney film "Fantasia 2000."