22 Classic Taylor Swift Gems We Absolutely Cannot Forget About

Oldies but goodies.

1177

If you're a 20 something-year-old girl, you more than likely grew up jamming to Taylor Swift's early tunes.

In middle school, you probably sang "Teardrops On My Guitar" or "Tim McGraw" into your hairbrush. You definitely invested in a curling iron because you wanted to be just like T-Swift. You bonded with your 7th grade BFF by jamming to "Hey Stephen" or "Fearless" and you definitely knew every single word.

As a freshman in high school, songs like "Mine," "Speak Now," and "Sparks Fly" were your anthems. Later on, songs like "All Too Well," "Out Of The Woods," and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" spoke to you in ways you couldn't explain.

Say what you want about Taylor Swift, but she's been on every girl's journey from adolescence to adulthood. She was there for the ups, the downs, the heartbreaks, and the newfound loves.

While Reputation is steadily getting more popular, we can't forget about these 22 Taylor Swift gems. Their lyrics got us through awkward middle school days, blissful best friend moments, and horrible high school heartbreaks:

1. "A Place In This World" - 2006

"I'll be strong, I'll be wrong.
Oh, but life goes on. Oh, I'm just a girl trying to find a place in this world."

2. "Should've Said No" - 2006

"You should've said no, baby and you might still have me."

3. "Picture To Burn" - 2006

"So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time.
As far as I'm concerned, you're just another picture to burn."

4. "Our Song" - 2006

"I was riding shotgun with my hair undone in the front seat of his car.
He's got a one-hand feel on the steering wheel the other on my heart."

5. "Fifteen" - 2008

"'Cause when you're fifteen,
somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them."

6. "The Way I Loved You" - 2008

"Breakin' down and comin' undone
It's a roller-coaster kinda rush.
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you."

7. "White Horse" - 2008

"This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town.
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down.
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around."

8. "Forever and Always" - 2008

"So here's to everything coming down to nothing.
Here's to silence that cuts me to the core.
Where is this going?"

9. "You're Not Sorry" - 2008

"But you don't have to call anymore.
I won't pick up the phone."

10. "Dear John" - 2010

"But I took your matches
before fire could catch me.
So don’t look now,
I’m shining like fireworks
over your sad empty town."

11. "Never Grow Up" - 2010

"Oh darling don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little.
Oh darling don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple."

12. "Mine" - 2010

"You were in college, working part-time, waiting tables;
Left a small town, never looked back.
I was a flight risk, with a fear of fallin'.
Wondering why we bother with love, if it never lasts."

13. "Mean" - 2010

"Someday I'll be living in a big old city,
and all you're ever gonna be is mean."

14. "Back to December" - 2010

"You gave me roses and I left them there to die."

15. "Begin Again" -2012

"And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid.
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did."

16. "Red" - 2012

"Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street."

17. "State of Grace" - 2012

"We learn to live with the pain.
Mosaic broken hearts.
But this love is brave and wild."

18. "All Too Well" - 2012

"Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it
I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it."

19. "Holy Ground" - 2012

"Spinning like a girl in a brand new dress,
We had this big wide city all to ourselves."

20. "Everything Has Changed" ft. Ed Sheeran - 2012

"'Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home."

21. "The Moment I Knew" - 2012

"You should've been there.
Should've burst through the door,
with that 'baby I'm right here' smile."

22. "Welcome to New York" - 2014

"Kaleidoscope of a loud, hide beats under coats.
Everybody here wanted somethin' more."

After jamming to these oldies, I think you'll fall in love with Taylor's older music once again. There's just something about her lyrics that resonate with me so perfectly.

Never forget these beautiful lyrics and classic tunes!