5 Reasons Why We Forget About Church In College

Church or sleep, that is the question.

25

I am starting my second semester of college. I have talked with a lot of friends, and we feel we are starting to put our faith and church on the back burner. There always seemed to be a reason why we didn't have time for church. I think there are many reasons why might not go to church but here are five of the reasons I didn't go to church.

1. New people

There are so many new people to meet and to impress. You are trying to see where you fit in, who you want to be around, and who you really don't want to be around. This seems to be so much more important than faith at the time, but in reality, God is the one who sent these people to you, so maybe you could be talking about Him. You can also meet a ton of cool people at church.

2. Parties

At school, there are parties Thursday through Saturday. I know parties are a lot of fun, and don't get me wrong, you can go to parties and still love Jesus. Finding the balance is hard, though. You have to learn to say "No, I think I am going to stay in tonight" that way you can make it to church in the morning or evening.

3. No parents

A lot of us grew up with parents that had us go to church every Sunday. Without our parents bugging us all the time to go to church, sometimes it is hard to find the motivation to go. You have the new freedom to do whatever you want and sometimes going to church is the last thing on your mind.

4. Chapter

For those of us in greek life, chapter typically ends up being on Sunday. For some people, that interferes with going to church, but if that is the case, most churches will have programs on other days of the week that you can attend.

5. Sleep

For some odd reason, Sundays seem to be the only day you can sleep.This is because Sunday is the day that the least is going on. But we need to find time to sleep and go to church.

Though finding the balance is hard, it will be worth it in the end. Faith is something that you can always have and something you can always talk about so don't let life get in the way of it. Have it become your life.