The Holiday Season Is The Perfect Time For Families To Make Traditions That Will Never Be Forgotten

Time spent with love and laughter is time well spent

9

No matter what holiday or how you celebrate, almost every family has a holiday tradition of some sort. For my family, the most important tradition occurs on the two days following Thanksgiving. My family spends those days preparing for the Christmas season.

These two days are filled with tons of activities, decorating and Christmas spirit. On the first day my family makes a homemade gingerbread house, this is fun, but definitely a process. It takes about six hours in total. That seems like an extraordinarily long time, but it's worth every minute. It's a great way to use creative and spend some time with your family. The second day is packed with even more. We get our tree, decorate the house and then make and decorate Christmas cookies. This is a whole day event. Everyone is decked out in holiday sweaters and there are always pine needles and frosting everywhere.

There are many reasons why family traditions are important. Traditions are a way of bringing your family together and spend time together.

Time spent with your family is irreplaceable.

You never know when you'll desire that time and should take advantage of every opportunity you get. Another aspect of tradition is the memories that you make while you're doing them. Personally, some of the fondest memories I have from my childhood are from times where my family was all together setting up for Christmas. These memories always bring back warm feelings in my heart, which makes me want to continue with my own future family. Having traditions with your family is certainly something every family should have. Everybody grows to old age, it's just a fact of life, but the traditions that you start and/or pass down are a way for you to be reminded of fond older times and a way to pass something down through your family. Traditions are a beautiful way of connecting older and younger generations to each other. If you don't have a family tradition, I recommend starting one, I promise it'll bring some very enjoyable times and wonderful memories.