20 Christmas Songs That Need Retire Forever

We all know those annoying Christmas songs -- here the top 20 that need to get out of my life.
201

Christmas is right around the corner, and that means that stores are starting to decorate, and everywhere you go it is almost time to hear Christmas songs. This also means that soon you will be flipping through the radio stations and you will be hearing the beginning tones of Christmas. But there are some that we can all agree that need to get out and be retired - forever.

1. "All I Want For Christmas is You"

This is the biggest offender. This song seems to be played on repeat and it is rather annoying. Actually, I think ALL Mariah Carrey songs can just quit. Please and thank you.

2. "Last Christmas"

It really doesn’t matter who sings it, if it the original with Wham, or if it is Taylor Swift. We do not need a heartbreak song, it is Christmas!

3. "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)"

See the reason for "All I Want For Christmas Is You". Seriously, Mariah, GO AWAY, THE 90s are OVER!

4a. "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"

Just please, no.

4b. "Grandpa Got Runned Over By a John Deere"

Seriously, no.

5. ANY Justin Beiber Christmas song.

Please, spare us our eardrums.

6a. "12 Days of Christmas"

This is great, but can we please stop after, like, maybe five? I can never remember how many lords are leaping, or maids are milking, or even how many swans are swimming.

6b. "The Redneck 12 Days of Christmas"

As funny as it really is, we could just stop with the five flannel shirts.

7, "Santa Baby"

It doesn’t matter who sings this song it is gross and annoying. Oh, did I mention how disgusting this is? Can we not sexualize Santa Clause? Thanks.

8. "That’s Christmas to Me"

This is by Pentatonix, while they are very good and talented, this song just makes me cringe. They sound like robot carolers or like the Old Navy Mannequins singing. Please skip.

9. "Duck the Halls"

This is by the Robertson family; yes, the hairy people from Louisianna that have beards, wear camo, and have something to do with hunting. I mean, they do great with their Duck Commander stuff, the TV show was cringe-worthy, but singing? NO THANK YOU.

10. "Hairy Christmas"

Yeah, Robertson family strikes again. If you love Christmas music, don’t even venture to the far corners of YouTube to find this one. It is not even worth it.

11. "Rajin’ Cajun Redneck Christmas"

Still, by the Robertson family. These three songs listed are the worst on their album. They just need to stick to camouflage and beard growing.

12. "Leroy the Redneck Reindeer"

Redneck reindeer is quite out there for an idea, of course, the name Leroy is not one that you see too often. While this song could be good in theory, I don’t think it is one I will be singing with my children in the car in the near feature.

13. "Jingle Bells"

Seriously, the main chorus is fine, but you add on the rest it is bad. It has the same melody. When you learn piano, it is one of the first songs you learn because it is the same thing, over, and over, and over, AND OVER. Let’s just limit this to the kids, please?

14. "Christmas Shoes"

While this song is meant to show how Christmas can be for some, it is unbelievably sad. It is not something that I would consider a 'must listen to' so it feels like Christmas. Whenever I hear it I just end up bawling like a baby.

15. "Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy"

Seriously, along the lines of "Santa Baby" can we please just not? It is incredibly odd and weird.

16. "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

See "Santa Baby's" explanation. Just let’s stop kissing all over Santa and really just being weird.

17. "You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"

I get it, the Grinch is a Christmas movie, but do we have to play this song all the time. It really is not necessary.

18. "Christmas Tree"

Now, hear me out, the Lady Gaga version is what I am addressing here. It is really just a pathetic mess.

19. "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time."

While this song will get you hyped, the first time you hear it, a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, you get really sick of it, really quickly.

20. "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas"

This song is cute and innocent, but after the 4th time of hearing it in three hours, it really just needs to quit. The singer's voice gets a tad annoying.

Enjoy every other song but these.

Merry Christmas!