Christmas In Richmond, Virginia

Christmas In Richmond, Virginia

Richmond is the go-to location for all things Christmas.

92
Christmas In Richmond, Virginia
Google Images

When people come to visit the sites of Virginia, I always hear that it is so pretty and different than all of the other states-- though I never really paid any attention to the uniqueness of the state which I live in. It is sort of like, anything that is directly in your face and daily routine, you don't notice as much as you should.

However, I have always seen Richmond as one of, if not the prettiest, places to be during December and the winter holidays. Richmond, Virginia is dedicated to its Christmas spirit, and they intend to impress everyone around.

Between their busy streets and freezing temperatures, Richmond has the most amazing Christmas lights hanging throughout the city. Needless to say, Richmond has a multitude of stops for Christmas-lovers to add to their tacky light tour.

Above all the fun, pretty lights spread across the city, Richmond has several houses that top the charts every year. They even receive awards; now that's impressive!

The most impressive house this year, the one everyone has to see, is the Thompson's house, which can be found at 9716 Wendhurst Avenue. This house is so bright and vivid that their tacky lights just may be seen all the way in outer space.

Next on the must-see tacky light tour is a house in the West End on 8720 River Road. This beautiful house is decorated in red and white, resembling a candy cane. This house is so busy that it is advised for one to look at it during unusual hours, to ensure maximum viewing is achieved.

Following the Witlocks' house, Christmas lovers should visit Frank Hudak's house at 2300 Wistar Court. Frank calls himself Mr. Christmas and has been featured in the New York Times Magazine. Mr. Christmas can be found in his yard wearing a light-up suit on most evenings--he even has a beard this year. Can anyone say "Ho Ho Ho"?

Last but not least, everyone should visit Monument Avenue. Though these houses are not tacky, they are simply and elegantly decorated to match their beautiful mansions. They may not be tacky, but these houses should not be missed!

These four stops are nowhere near the end of Richmond's extensive Christmas lights, so don't stop there! Richmond holds hundreds and hundreds of tacky houses that Christmas lovers should visit, without a doubt.

Between Richmond's tacky lights, exquisitely decorated trees and booming activities, Richmond is the go-to location for all things Christmas.

For this Christmas, don't forget to visit RVA to see its jaw-dropping winter wonderland. Ho Ho Ho!