What Christmas Movie Quote Are You Based On Your College Major?

It's time for you to find out what Christmas quote you are based on your college major.

59
Photo by Oleg Zaicev on Pexels

It's the time of year where we binge-watch Christmas movies in our comfy pajamas, fuzzy socks, and toasty warm hot chocolate. The best parts of these films are the memorable phrases and scenes that we continue to quote and reference in daily conversation. From Buddy the Elf's love of syrup and spaghetti to Charlie Brown's iconic Christmas tree, we gain fond memories of these Christmas specials. Now, the question is have you ever wondered which Christmas movie quotations fits your persona and interests? It's time for you to find out. Whether you are studying business, nursing, psychology, or journalism, I have a quote for you.

Advertising Major

"Look, Charlie, let's face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It's run by a big Eastern syndicate, you know." - A Charlie Brown Christmas

media.giphy.com

Since you are studying advertising, I imagine you know everything about how Christmas is a "big commercial racket," aye?

Architecture Major

"This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone.' - Home Alone

media.giphy.com

Do you have any thoughts on the McCallister family's house design? I imagine your could have found a way that Kevin didn't need to sleep in the attic! Either way, maybe you have some ideas on how Kevin could live alone while also being married. For these reasons, this quote is for you.

Art Major

"I invented chill!" - Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause

media.giphy.com

Most people I've met who study art are chill and laid-back. If you're the same way, then you would be able to identify with Jack Frost in Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause.

Automotive Technology Major

"We're kicking off our fun old-fashioned family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel-drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select the most important of Christmas symbols." - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

media.giphy.com

Since Clark Griswold's driving experiences were less than stellar in this film, he'd probably want an automotive technician to help him out. Plus, this quotation exudes excitement for both vehicles and Christmas alike, something you are hopefully feeling this season.

Biology Major

"I suppose it all started with the snow. You see, it was a very special kind of snow. A snow that made the happy happier, and the giddy even giddier." - Frosty the Snowman

media.giphy.com

Since you're studying a complex and detail-oriented subject area, I image you would be able to figure out the science behind this special kind of snow. Being inquisitive and curious, you'd probably want to investigate why the snow makes the "happy happier" and the "giddy even giddier."

Business Management Major

"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!" - Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

media.giphy.com

Despite enjoying the business-side of things, I imagine you still agree with the Grinch's assessment that Christmas is more than stores and commercialization.

Communications Major

"Every time you hear a bell ring, it means that some angel's just got his wings." - It's a Wonderful Life

media.giphy.com

Just as It's a Wonderful Life is a classic, communication majors understand the importance of distributing information in classic and newer fashions. As an individual studying effective communication methods, you probably have a respect for Christmas cards, letters, phone calls, and the like.

Communication Arts & Sciences Major

"I could use a little social interaction." -- Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

media.giphy.com

Social interaction is guaranteed to be a major part of your life if your are studying communication arts, even if you're an introvert. Like the Grinch, you might need some motivation to get out of your room to socialize, but it is a necessary once in a while.

Computer Science Major

"That's what Christmas memories are made from. They're not planned; they're not scheduled. Nobody puts them in their blackberry. They just happen." - Deck the Halls

media.giphy.com

Although computers and technology can help people's lives to be more organized and less stressful, they cannot predict or generate the memories people have spontaneously during the Christmas season.

Creative Writing

"Elves love to tell stories. I bet you didn't know that about elves." - Elf

media.giphy.com

If you are studying creative writing, then you probably have a few similarities to elves who apparently love telling stories.

Criminal Justice Major

"Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap." - A Christmas Story

media.giphy.com

Thankfully, most criminal justice systems don't involve eating soap like Ralphie experienced!

Culinary Arts Major

"Put that cookie down!" - Jingle All the Way

media.giphy.com

Making delicious delicacies and treats can make people tempted to eat the homemade creations. Make sure to put the cookies down and share your culinary creations with others this season.

Dance Major

"Oh. How jolly our Christmas will be." - The Nightmare Before Christmas

media.giphy.com

As you dance your way closer to Christmas, make sure to be jolly and bright in spirits. This will surely grab the audience's attention and keep you in the holiday spirit up until Santa arrives on Christmas Eve.

Dentistry Major

"I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite!" - Elf

media.giphy.com

Dentists especially understand the important of pearly white teeth. It builds confidence, and according to Buddy, smiling is his favorite activity.

Economics Major

"I planned out our whole day. First, we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." - Elf

media.giphy.com

Learning about economic matters is a precise and detail-oriented task. However, if you have a schedule like Buddy's, you should be just fine!

Education Major

"Nick, there's been one thing that's been eating at me since I've been here. That naughty-nice List that you got? There's no naughty kids, Nick. They're all good kids. But some of them are scared. And some of them don't feel listened to. Some of them had some pretty tough breaks too. But every kid deserves a present on Christmas." - Fred Claus

media.giphy.com

Who best understands the workings and decision-making processes of children? My guess would be the individuals devoting their lives to teaching the youth. You surely understand that every child is a good and deserves a present on Christmas, right?

Engineering Major

"I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year." - A Christmas Carol

media.giphy.com

Engineers work nonstop to solve problems and create innovative solutions to the problems facing the world, and they do so all year long.

English Major

"Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing." - The Santa Clause

media.giphy.com

Between participating in writing constructions and reading analyses, English majors need to visualize and believe in concepts without seeing them in real life. They take imagination to a whole new level by working with ideas that are not concrete.

Environmental Science

"I'm dreaming of a White Christmas." - White Christmas

media.giphy.com

In the winter months, what aspect of the environment do people enjoy the most? Snow, of course! The only thing better than normal snow is when the snow comes on Christmas Day coating the ground in a beautiful winter wonderland look.

Fashion Design Major

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all really. Maybe it just needs a little love." - A Charlie Brown Christmas

media.giphy.com

As a designer, you know how to turn plain items into something to be loved and cherished. In many ways, you are like Charlie Brown and his famous Christmas tree.

Film Major

"All right, you're a reindeer. Here's your motivation: Your name is Rudolph, you're a freak with a red nose, and no one likes you. Then, one day, Santa picks you and you save Christmas. No, forget that part. We'll improvise… just keep it kind of loosey-goosey. You HATE Christmas! You're gonna steal it. Saving Christmas is a lousy ending, way too commercial. ACTION!" - The Grinch

media.giphy.com

The Grinch prepped his "reindeer," as any film director would, before the big show. Hopefully you can live up to the Grinch and his improvisation skills when you work on your film career.

Finance Major

"Keep the change, you filthy animal." - Home Alone

media.giphy.com

Who needs college when you can get all your financial advice from Kevin McCallister? Just keep the change.

Foreign Language Major

"Well, in Whoville, they say that the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day." - Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

media.giphy.com

By studying foreign languages, you will be able to communicate with more people and your heart will grow from those experiences.

History Major

"You'll shoot your eye out kid!" - A Christmas Story

media.giphy.com

As recorded in the history books, wars and guns marked many big changes and milestones in the past. Understanding all the significant dates and historical figures can make a person want to shoot their eye out in frustration. This is similar to the warning that Ralphie received when sharing his desire for the special Christmas gift we all know so well.

Hospitality and Business Management

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans" - The Princess Switch

media.giphy.com

When working in hospitality and management, strict schedules are necessary to make sure everything goes according to plan. However, as the quotation says, make sure to be present in the moment and live life even if the plans diverge and change.

Journalism Major

"Did you censor my blog?" - A Christmas Prince

media.giphy.com

No matter what season it is, journalists don't enjoy being limited or facing restricted in their quest for the truth or self-expression. Be sure to find joy this season and focus on family as well as the breaking news stories gracing the television screen.

Mathematics Major

"He's an angry elf." - Elf

media.giphy.com

You may question why this quote matches up with your major? Well, to say it simply, math makes some people angry and frustrated. I imagine you've felt these feelings at least once or twice when trying to figure out a homework problem or complex equation.

Music Major

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." - Elf

media.giphy.com

I'm sure you would join right in and sing with Buddy to accomplish his plan of increasing Christmas cheer!

Nursing Major

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! When I wake up, I'm getting a CAT scan." -- The Santa Clause

media.giphy.com

Will you be administering Scott Calvin's CAT scan? It isn't really necessary since he actually went to the North Pole and flew around the world delivering toys. However, you'll still be able to help alleviate his stress about a potential brain problem, just as you've helped many other individuals with your medical studies.

Philosophy Major

"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to." - Miracle on 34th Street

media.giphy.com

If you study philosophy, you probably think diligently about ideas and subjects, even if they go against common sense. Keep thinking diligently even if the topics are fuzzy and unclear in explanation.

Physical Therapy Major

"I triple dog dare you." - A Christmas Story

media.giphy.com

Do you enjoy participating in adventurous activities? Are hikes, walks, runs and exercise sessions fun for you? If you enjoy doing outdoor activities, triple dog dares are probably not outside your comfort zone.

Political Science Major

"I'm sorry, this is our family's first kidnapping." - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

media.giphy.com

Understanding politics and foreign relations can be troubling, but hopefully it doesn't involve kidnappings and violence like executed by the Griswold family on Christmas Eve.

Psychology Major

"It's Christmas Eve. It's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year we are the people that we always hoped we would be." - Scrooged

media.giphy.com

Studying the reasons people act the way they do is right up your alley. You probably make similar observations in your daily life, at least when you're not self-diagnosing mental ailments in your family and friends.

Sociology Major

"Worse? How can things get any worse? Take a look around you, Ellen! We're at the threshold of hell." - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

media.giphy.com

In your study in humans, it is hard to not get exasperated at people's decision-making and the horrid things that transpire in the world. We can definitely have fun analyzing the wackiness of the Lampoon's Christmas vacation.

Sustainable Agriculture Major

"Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen." - Home Alone

media.giphy.com

Whether it be microwavable macaroni and cheese or fresh produce, people studying this major need to possess love for food and the steps taken to get it to the public. Not to be cheesy, don't we all love food?

Theology Major

"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see." - The Polar Express

media.giphy.com

One of the biggest parts of theology is believing and understanding things that do not have visible explanations.

Tourism Management Major

"Santa! Oh my God! Santa's coming! I know him. I know him." - Elf

media.giphy.com

Tourism can cause excitement for everyone, whether you are the one planning it, coordinating it, or participating in it. Such excitement is similar to that Buddy the Elf experienced upon learning Santa was coming to the shop.

Undecided

"Am I eating because I'm bored?" - The Grinch

media.giphy.com

Are you undecided on your major? If so, I don't blame you. There are so many important decisions to be made in one's life, especially regarding food and eating habits.