Christmas in London: A Christmas Wedding Part 2

Christmas In London: A Christmas Wedding Part 2

You can't have a wedding without a dress!

28
https://unsplash.com/photos/BJAKGX0-9_s

Kennedy and Greyson's family were coming into town this week to help with the last minute preparations. Kennedy couldn't be more excited to see her family, especially her mom. Greyson had just gotten off of work and Kennedy had just finished a meeting with her publisher, as they met at "Cuckoo Coffee" to grab a drink for the road.

Once they got to the airport, they didn't have to wait long for both of their families to walk out the door from baggage claim. Both Greyson and Kennedy's families had booked their flights so they got in within a half an hour of each other. Kennedy ran and embraced her mother in a hug. Everyone else embraced and piled into the car with luggage galore. After everyone had had time to unpack and settle in a little bit, they went out and grabbed some dinner.

Greyson and Kennedy had been dying to take their families to Wagamama's, which is a wonderful ramen restaurant. They all ate and laughed and enjoyed their time together as a family before all of the wedding craziness hit.

After they got back home and everyone else had either left or gone to bed, Kennedy and her mom sat on the couch with some hot cocoa and a Hallmark movie on the TV, as was one of their Christmas traditions.

The next morning was Kennedy's final fitting for her wedding dress. This was going to be the first time her mom had seen the dress in person. No matter how many times she put the dress on, she always felt like a princess in it. It was a white, sweetheart neck, princess gown with a beaded/ lace bodice with a Disney princess feel. It was her dream dress and she couldn't believe she was going to get to walk down the aisle in this dress.

"Mom, are you ready to see it?" Kennedy asked with her hands on the dressing room curtains. "Come on out sweetie," she said. Kennedy could hear the excitement in her mother's voice. When Kennedy walked out, she studied every feature of her mother's face, as her emotions went from shock to joy to excitement to happy crying. "Oh Kennedy, my girl you look so beautiful! This dress is even more gorgeous in person and so are you in it!" She said speaking through streaming tears.

Kennedy was so happy to be able to share this moment with her mother that she broke down into tears as well and just hugged her mother as hard as she possibly could. Kennedy's mom pulled her back a little and wiped some tears from her face. "My beautiful daughter, I am so extremely happy and proud of you. I love that you have found a man who treats you like a queen and loves you unconditionally. I couldn't ask for anything more for my daughter."

"Aw, mom! Thank you. I am so happy that you guys love Greyson just as much as I do. I am so happy that you get to be here for this." Kennedy said with a huge smile on her face.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world," Her mother said and they embraced in a hug again.

Stay tuned next week to see the final preparations be put together as Kennedy and Greyson have only a short time before their Christmas Eve wedding!