Christmas Is The Best Holiday Of The Year And Here's Why

Christmas is the Best Holiday of the Year and Here's Why

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

122
upload.wikimedia.org

The holidays... We all know how stressful it can be. With family, presents, expectations of how your life is going, and much more. But the Christmas season also brings a lot of perks. It brings joy, love, beautiful snow, and the prettiest lights that any one can see. Here are 5 reasons why Christmas is the best holiday of the year.

1. Time with family and friends

Time with the people you love most will always be the best way to enjoy yourself. Seeing people that you haven't seen all year mixed with the holiday season brings the best feeling in the whole world. Yes, family can be exhausting and simply put, annoying as hell. However, these are people that will be in your life for the rest of your life. It does make sense to spend time with these people for they will always be there for you whether you want them to or not.

2. The food

I'm sorry, but anyone who says that the holiday food isn't good is a liar. Stuffing yourself full of mashed potatoes, green been casserole, stuffing, rolls, and everything else that is a holiday tradition is well worth it. Christmas cookies, brownies, any type of dessert is absolutely fabulous. If there's no other reason to look forward to the Christmas season, then at least it's the food to look forward to.

3. Snow, snow and more snow

Snow is one of the prettiest aspects this world has to offer. Mixed with the shiny lights of the holidays, it brings wonder and a little magic to the atmosphere. Building snowmen, stretching your head up into the air to catch snowflakes, and snowball fights sets the tone for the most jolly time of the year. It truly doesn't feel like Christmas without a white powder covering the ground.

4. The Christmas movies

Love Actually, Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the Holiday, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Home Alone, and many more bring such a sweet feel to the Christmas season. During December (and even November if you're particularly in the holiday mood!) these movies bring a special feel of how beautiful Christmas actually is. Plus, many of these movies usually have a family tradition embedded in them which brings nostalgia and a sense of home to life.

5. Christmas music

Since there is only a certain time that Christmas music is allowed to be listened to, it brings a great sense of appreciation. Christmas music is classic in every sense of the word. The therapeutic melodies bring back a flood of memories as a child and even as an adult. From songs like White Christmas, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Jingle Bells, Silent Night to plenty of others which set the tone of feeling the Christmas spirit. There is no doubt that when one of the originals come on, one can't help singing along.

However you feel about the holidays, it cannot be denied that this time is the highlight of the year.