How To Get In The Christmas Spirit At College

7 Ways To Get Your College Dorm In The Christmas Spirit

It's the most wonderful time of the semester.

37

Ah, December. Everyone's favorite holiday that is the biggest spending and stressful time of the year. Now as college students, we have our own calendar and forget that time passes. We also are short on cash and on a budget after paying for books, school, bills and etc. However, that doesn't mean you can't get festive with the holidays. Here are some ways to get your dorm or apartment into the holiday spirit this year.

1. Get a small Christmas tree

You don't have to get a full-size pine tree. There are trees that are synthetic and in different colors. A shiny silver tree in the corner of your apartment will make the holidays official.

2. Get Christmas lights for your room

Go all out. Have some gold, multi-colored, silver to make your room look festive. It will give your space some lighting and you can keep them up all year round.

3. Have a wreath for your door

You can get this at dollar tree and hang it on the outside of your dorm or apartment. You can decorate it with every kind of tinsel and ribbon to make it personal.

4. Get some holiday scents

Bath and Body Works is home to holiday scents. Their wallflowers will have your room smelling like peppermint and gingerbread. And the candles, THE CANDLES!!! The holiday deals on candles are endless.

5. Do Secret Santa with your roommates

You don't have to break the bank on presents. You can find some cheap but cute gifts at CVS, Walmart, even Target. Get them a personalized lettered mug, a new planner, gift cards to Starbucks or Chick-fila. Anything from the thought counts.

6. Have A Netflix Christmas movie marathon

Netflix has the classics and the new classic that they produce and put out. Brew some hot chocolate and spend December 1st-25th watching a Christmas movie or two per day.

7. Enjoy the snow

December is the prime time for snow storms. Enjoy your day off from classes getting canceled and go have fun. You probably don't have snow where you live but you probably have a mall or theme park where they have a Santa's North Pole where you can play in the fake snow.