6 Christmas-Themed Cocktails To Try This Holiday Season

He sees you when you're drinking.

400
https://unsplash.com/photos/9ds9FNzUEwM
Photo by wu yi on Unsplash

The holidays can be a fun, yet stressful time. Sometimes all the family cheer can turn into more of tense situations when someone brings up a certain subject. Even without such situations, sometimes those fancy cocktail (or not so fancy)l drinks are just what the party needs. That being said, here are five cocktail recipes that can be perfect for that fun and crazy day to keep everyone in high spirits.

1. Cranberry Mule

These Mules are filled with rum instead of the traditional vodka. This recipe is a little more ornate, as one has to sugarcoat the cranberries, so give yourself a little more time if you plan on making many of these.

2. The North Pole

This drink screams Christmas and the festive season. It includes the best Christmas flavors, with the chocolate, peppermint, and ginger spices. This drink is for those who like their sweets and can be used as a cocktail or a dessert.

3. Christmas Sangria

This Christmas Sangria has a perfect combination of crisp and fruitiness. They recommend the type of sangria to use, but one can change the recipe up a bit depending on their preference and what amount of sweetness they want.

4. Sex on a Snowbank

The drink does pretty much look like snow and the funny name gives it some extra points. It's one of the easiest cocktails on the list, as it only has three ingredients and results in a slushie-like drink. You literally put all three cocktails in a blender and *poof* you've got your drink.

5. Gin Christmas Cocktail

This Gin drink gets fancy with making cranberry ice cubes, which is actually a lot easier than it sounds. It's a take on the classic gin and tonic, but instead of tonic its sparkling apple juice and cranberry ice cubes.

6. Gingerbread Bourbon Punch

This couldn't be a full Christmas list without something with gingerbread. Being a staple of the season, this is a must have for Christmas. Ginger spices, ginger beer, and ginger brandy leave you with plenty of ginger flavor.