The Inside Scoop on Being Born Around Christmas

The Nitty Gritty Of Being A Christmas Baby

Yes, there are people born around the holidays. Yes, it kind of sucks, but kind of rocks.

95

You ever forget that people are born before, on and after Christmas? Yes, probably. Well, being a Christmas baby myself, not born on Christmas but after, I know the inside scoop on being born within the Christmas season and how we Christmas babies celebrate our birthdays while competing with Christmas. Here it goes.

1. We have to compete with Santa and Jesus

Your birthday is overshadowed by the Christmas holiday season. If you're lucky, you share your birthday with Jesus and Santa always attends your party.

2. Combined gifts

With everyone spending so much during the Christmas season, you sometimes get one gift for both your birthday and Christmas from friends and family. Fun!

3. Your family and friends are always around on your birthday

Your birthday always brings people together, whether it's for Christmas or not, your family and friends can't make an excuse for not coming to your birthday since it falls around Christmas which is great. Your birthday brings everyone together.

4. If you are born on Christmas, everyone will remember your birthday because they have to

If they forget, they aren't a real one.

5. One time of the year is really fun, and the rest of the year is just regular days

You get to celebrate Christmas and your birthday around the same time, and then the rest of the year just consists of regular days. You have one season to look forward to and that's Christmas season cause both Christmas and your birthday happen. You have to celebrate the season extra cause this is your time to shine since the rest of the year drags.

6. Never celebrating a birthday during the school year, ever.

Your birthday always falls in the holiday break while you're growing up, so you never get the true experience of a school birthday. Sometimes I wish I knew what a school birthday was like. Us Christmas babies have never experienced that. Kind of jealous, but happy I don't have to do school work during my birthday.

7. We are CONSTANTLY reminded that "Having a December birthday must suck"

Thanks for telling us. We are the ones with the Christmas birthday, not you, now please tell us AGAIN.

8. But being a Christmas baby is okay because we have unique birthdays

At least that's what we all tell ourselves.

Be a little nicer to us Christmas babies on our birthdays. We wish we were born on a different day sometimes, but sometimes being born around Christmas is the best thing ever. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to my fellow Christmas babies out there.