The 14 Best Christmas Activities To Do Around West Chester University

Only so many days to fit in all the fun.

32

Christmas is coming around the corner and the festivities are abundant. Choosing one best for you can be tricky considering the options available. Whether you plan on going with kids, your family, or your significant other, these places are very all beautiful and offer many different attractions. Whether you want something in the warm indoors, or want to brave the cold, this list here has somewhere for everyone.

1. Longwood Gardens

One of my personal favorites, this place is perfect for any person. Its a great trip for the family, or a romantic evening with your significant other. Either way, it's a great place full of beautiful lights and a decorative indoor garden that is brimming with thousands of poinsettias.

2. Christmas Parade

An activity that is in the center of town. This involves many of West Chester University's own and brings a large number of people from the surrounding areas for a night of fun and entertainment.

3. Peddlers Village

Located in Berks County, this area is known for its fun shops, good food, and even a gingerbread house competition. They use a million lights for their celebrations, as well as offer a parade and different events with Santa. Hot apple cider and toasted marshmallows are also a popular choice at the Village.

4. Christmas Village

In LOVE Park this place has German-style shops full of gifts, different foods, and attractions. Over 800 wooden booths are put up for the occasion full of local and international sellers.

5. Miracle in the Valley

This "pop up" bar is apart of a chain that opens up in multiple cities around the world. They offer specialty Christmas Drinks for the time and decorate their whole building to look like a winter wonderland.

6. Blue Cross Riverbank Winterfest

This area offers an ice rink, plenty of food options, and a beautiful cabin styled buildings. Fire pits are all around for those outside the restaurant and bar. This area also all looks over the Ben Franklin Bridge and gives a great view.

7. McGillin's Olde Ale House

This place goes all out for the Christmas Season. The already cozy pub becomes even cozier with the extensive amount of Christmas decorations that get put up for the season.

8. Christmas City

Also known as Bethlehem Pennsylvania, this town goes all for Christmas, bringing in many tourists for the season. This town has a charm, beauty, and history to make this a definite place to visit.

9. Dilworth Park

This Park offers a beautiful skating rink with skate rentals available. They have hot tents all around the rink filled with snacks, beer, and other drinks, as well as hot chocolate. The Wintergarden is also available with an assortment of plants and Christmas lights. The Holiday Market is also open and filled with different shops.

10. Shady Brook Farm

Enjoy the fun of a light show, from the comfort and warmth of your heated car. This farm has over a million lights on display. After the light shows Santa makes an appearance and the farm offers snacks and hot cocoa.

12. Macy's Christmas Light Show

Macy's offers a beautiful indoor light show narrated by the one and only Julie Andrews. The events are free to attend and happen every two hours. This tradition has been around since 1956 and is still a popular attraction for children and adults alike.