Holiday Events In Phoenix, Arizona

If You Want To Show Your Christmas Spirit, Go To These 8 Events In Phoenix

Can the Arizona desert be a Winter Wonderland?

6

Being in the middle of Arizona can really damper down your holiday spirit. The relatively warm days in November and December contradict the notion of a brisk, or hardly white, Christmas. Particularly in the metropolitan Phoenix area, people are unsure of how to engage themselves with the environment to truly get in the mood for Christmas.

What I have learned, however, is that Arizona is an adaptable state. If you are willing to do just a little searching, there are so many exciting things to do during the holiday season in Phoenix. Here are some of the "coolest" things that are coming up in the Phoenix area!

1. CitySkate Holiday Ice Rink

Dates: November 23 - January 6

This ice rink is a the real deal, featured in downtown Phoenix. Perhaps even best of all the ice rink displays an enormous Christmas tree right in the center of it.

2. Skate Westgate

Dates: November 15- January 13

Another skating rink, this one features activities such as horse-drawn sleigh rides, snow machines, and Santa Claus himself. Go down to the Westgate District to attend this event!

3. Illumination

Dates: November 14 - January 5

This amazing light show is definitely something you have to go and see. The light tunnels are synched up to Christmas music, and viewers can't help but feel like kids again. The entire attractions spans over 14 acres, so there is sure to be a lot to experience here.

4. Zoolights

November 22 - January 14

Every year, after the animals go to sleep, the Phoenix Zoo decorates the entire park with millions of lights! Additionally, there are several performances and and displays to check out.

5. Glendale Glitters

Dates: November 23 - January 12

This extravagant event is a tradition in Phoenix. The entirety of downtown Glendale is decorated with millions lights, lighting up the night and creating a upscale holiday environment. Not to mention entrance is totally free.

6. A Christmas Carol

Dates: December 9-10, 14-17, 19-24, 26-28

For my theatre geeks, you'll be happy to know Phoenix has an annual production of A Christmas Carol! This is a great event to take the family to, or just go with friends.

7. Las Noches de las Luminarias

Dates: December 1-23, 26-31

Need a date destination? Want to go out with friends for a fun night with beautiful scenery? The Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix will be decorating itself with eight thousand illuminated bags and string lights. It is truly a sight to see!

8. Snow Week at the Arizona Science Center

wikimedia.org

Dates: December 26 - January 1

Who thought you would be able to play around in the snow in Phoenix? Perfect for families, the Arizona Science Center will have over 60 tons of snow for visitors to mess around in. Go stop by and have some fun in the snow!

It may come as a shocker to many, but Phoenix opens up so many opportunities for people to enjoy the Christmas season despite the arid weather. Make some time this holiday season to go to one, or all, of these events! This season is all about having fun, spending time with loved ones, and making memories that will last a lifetime.