Choose‌ ‌The‌ ‌Best‌ ‌Dog‌ ‌Food‌ ‌That‌ ‌Your‌ ‌ Furry‌ ‌Friend‌ ‌Might‌ ‌Love‌

A Dog Owner Must Know

14

When you get into a pet food shop, you’re immediately bombarded with choices like wet, dry, store brand, trendy brand, healthy brand, raw food, and what more.

You might wish to purchase the best dog food for your dog, but how do you do that when these ample options are making you go crazy?

Most people feed their dogs, dry kibble or canned wet food. These prepared foods might not be tempting to us, but they contain all the nutrients dogs need to stay healthy.

Good dog food will contain meat, vegetables, grains, and fruits. A quality dog food contains high-quality variants of these ingredients that are correct for your dog’s digestive system.

A dog’s diet comprises 90% meat and non-veg portions, while the rest can be filled with natural dog food like grains, fruits and veggies.

To help you with that dull feeling of what things to note, we’ve made a list. Here we discuss expert advice on choosing the right food for your furry friend. Also, we’ll talk about things to avoid to make sure of your dog's health.

Don’t Blindly Go For Trendy Dog Foods

If you are someone who ardently loves to follow trends, you might have to give it up while determining the healthiest dog food.

There are certain fallacies about dog food that fuel these trends and rating systems. And what they end up choosing for their dog is more expensive diets that are the most heavily advertised and not the ones that have the best quality check.

A lot of pet owners make their decisions based on what other dog owners review or rate other products, which is untrue. Your dog’s nutrition requirements vary from other dogs’.

Some go for the popular products for their dogs, just because it’s in fashion.

So much misinformation is out there. So next time you go to choose the best dog food brands, make sure you read what’s in it and if your dog even needs it.

Pay Attention To Calories

There’s a common treat found in most pet stores you’re best to pass over.

Have you thought if they are pure?

The biggest issue for dog health is giving them edible treats without seeing if that food is of any need to them. Dog owners fail to pay regard to the calorie content of food. The dry food for puppies contains fat, which must not be given unless you are training them.

At such early stages, more calorie intake will finally lead to more obese issues seen in larger breed dogs.

Your pet will eat less food because they’re eating too many calories from treats that can lead to nutritional shortcomings of the best foods.

Know That Food Label Never Tells Much About A Dog Food

See the source image

It’s quite the bitter truth. There is no key to describing what’s written on the side of that can or bag.

Several packs will include words like ‘calcium pantothenate’.

It might sound chemically brilliant, but it's vitamin B5. And dog food doesn’t need to sound like something that you would have in your fridge to be healthy!

It’s smart to be skeptical of brands that tout their human-grade foods. Natural dog food supplements should contain pet required nutrients.

Also, there’s this delusion that human-grade food is naturally healthy food for dogs.

You might have human-grade food, which is also nutritionally imbalanced. There’s this concept that if you just look at the ingredient list, that will tell you all you need to know.

The thing is, that doesn’t tell you how the elements combine, you can’t guess how many of them there are.

Research The Brand Sources You Choose

You might not know what goes behind making such tasty dog food and treats. It’s your duty to search for the company’s process and how they produce quality dog food.

You should check for how long the company has been around, their formulas, whether they produce their own food or hire a third party to manufacture. The best dog food brands prepare their food in their own labs to maintain quality, so you must consider this check.

Know The Type Of Foods To Exceptionally Avoid

Your vet can help you make choices that are right for your pet, but for wet dog food or dry dog food, there’s no rule that says one is better than the other.

For most pets, it doesn’t matter, but there are some health problems that benefit more from canned food because of moisture, like urinary stones and stuff like that. But there are no hard and fast rule animals must be fed dry or canned or a combination.

Raw is one of the more fast-growing areas of pet food right now that pet owners should be wary of. Raw food can contain harmful parasites, which might be fatal to your dog's health. Pet owners don’t recognize that raw food is the equivalent of feeding raw meat to your family.

Natural dog food should be nutritionally balanced and free of parasites.

How Much Should You Feed Your Dog?

See the source image

Dog obesity is a growing concern in the veterinary community and has been linked to many dog health problems.. Luckily for our pets, we are usually more disciplined about controlling their diets than we are about controlling our own. Knowing how much to feed your dog and what healthy dog weight looks like can be tricky.

Some dogs may require more than the suggested amount, whereas others take much less. Activity level, time of year, nursing, illness, and more factors can all impact how much a dog needs to eat.

Some best dog food brands need to be identified and a proper source has to be found out in order to know if that brand is ethical or just getting all the likes on social media because they are following some kind of ‘trend’.

Many owners accidentally overfeed their pets, which is why it is important to take your dog in for regular checkups and to talk with your vet about portions. Therefore, choosing the best food for your dog can be time-consuming, but still worth it. Your pet will fall less to diseases and live a long and healthy life.