Choices And Consequences

Choices And Consequences

Life is like a boomerang.

110
Choices And Consequences
Caleb Reese

There comes a time in everyone's life when we have to make a choice. Sometimes it's an easy choice, and sometimes it's not so easy. Regardless of the difficulty of the choice, at one point or another, we are going to have to make it. Sure, it's easy to sweep it under the rug and forget about it for a while, but over time if you keep doing the sweeping, there isn't going to be any room left under the rug and you are going to have to deal with all of the mess you swept under there at one time.

There is a quote that reads, "Sometimes you have to make choices, and sometimes choices make you." I believe that in every sense, that is correct.When it comes to the tough choices, we never want to make them. That is simply because we are human and we don't want to have to deal with anything difficult, I know I want everything to be simple and easy, but that's not how things work. You can't run away from life and all of its problems, because eventually, it is going to come back to find you. I have always been the person to, when things get tough or messy, run away. The thing about running, though, is that you can't keep doing it forever.

At some point you are going to get tired and need a break, and the second that happens, life catches up to you. Life is faster than the speed of light and there is no way you can ever outrun it. You can avoid it, or at least try to for as long as you want, but the problems and choices are still always going to be there for you to make.

I wish that we didn't have to make choices, but we do. From the beginning of time, people have. Adam and Eve had the choice to eat the fruit from the forbidden garden, or not. It goes to show that every choice you make, affects other people. It is terrifying to think that way, but it is also the harsh reality of things. You need to put yourself first sometimes, but when doing that, you also need to think of the other people in your life and how your selfish actions may be affecting them.

Choices can bring a pain that is almost unbearable and seemingly never-ending. I don't know what choices you have to make, but I hope they come easy to you. One of the hardest things in life is choosing between right and wrong. What is right to one person might be wrong to another, and what is wrong to one person may be right to another. The truth of the matter is that there are no right or wrong choices. That's the beauty of it, but that is also the ugly of it too. I have sat for hours, days, months, and even years thinking about choices that I have to make. Whether it is the right time to tell someone something, what you should eat for breakfast, and if you should forgive someone who hurt you.

The thing about pain and hurting that they never teach you in school is that is a temporary feeling, but also a recurring feeling that will show itself over and over again. Think of life like a boomerang, it starts off in yours hands with you completely in control, but then you throw it and lose all control over where it goes. While it is away you have to make all sorts of tough and hard choices that will ultimately decide who you are as a person. I guess the point of this is, when the boomerang seems to be lost and never making it's way back to you, choose the things that you feel are right. You will know the exact feeling as soon as it happens.

Taking a break from people and sometimes life, isn't always necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes you need to be by yourself so that you can make the decisions that are tough, but just know that you will eventually have to make them. Life will catch up to you and you will have to face the problems and choices at one point. I believe wholeheartedly that you can make the right choice and get control of your life once again. Take a deep breath and be patient, the boomerang may already be on its way back to you.