A New Brand for a Brand New Era

Several of us appreciate style, but also appreciate a sustainable future. Most of us are planning on having children, planning for our children to have children, but we haven't planned for dealing with the damage we have caused to our planet and the damage that has been caused to the people around us, whether it has been due to intolerance, or lack of love.

I came across the company CHNGE, a clothing company, as I was scrolling through instagram. I didn't give much thought to it at the time, but as days went by, I gave it another look. Their company strives to combine the positive aspects of change to create a brighter future.

Everyone can make change happen. Change doesn't have to be big to be useful, and the government isn't the only agent of change. There are so many of us, all we have to do is band together to make change possible.

I wanted to learn more, to share more with those around me, because it takes more than one person to change the world. I reached out and communicated with one of the employees (Katelyn Duncan) at CHNGE, and she taught me that change can be made on a micro or macro level, and that change can and should be made by EVERYONE.

This is CHNGE's background and its take on creating change to make a future worth being around for.

CHNGE was started by a 25 year old with a vision. A vision shared by many, but acted upon by them. Their specific vision was to create "a more responsible form of consumerism built on the 3 core pillars of environment, equity and education" (Katelyn). CHNGE put real meaning behind buying articles of clothing.

Clothing isn't just for a single type of person, with a particular body, or certain sexuality, as has unfortunately been shown by multiple companies. CHNGE wants to throw that norm away and be not only tolerating, but inviting to all people from all different walks of life.

The one message that resonated with me was that CHNGE is a company that wants to "promote people to consume more consciously and that every purchase is a vote for a more responsible future." Not only are all of CHNGE's clothing products made from 100% cotton that uses zero harsh chemicals, uses 62% less energy than other clothing companies, and has so far saved 500 gallons of water, but also has clothing with meaningful messages that will hopefully get the point across.

Some of the messages that stood out to me were from articles of clothing that said:

• "No human is illegal on stolen land"
  • "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"
  • "Protect kids not guns"

As Katelyn beautifully put: "If we care about each other, if we care about our environment, and if we care about working to educate/empower others, the change our world needs can be created through all of our day to day actions. Change is not a single act, but rather a tsunami of individual actions. Change is contagious and we should never forget that our actions can create a butterfly effect of change in our world."

Change doesn't happen in a day, but we have to start somewhere.

Check out their website to learn more about their company, ways you can help, and their sustainable clothing at: https://chnge.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIitz3u-PD5wIVCaGzCh02vg9fEAAYASAAEgJ9j_D_BwE

Related Articles Around the Web