The Chicken Taco Recipe My Family Always Begs Me To Make

The Holy Grail Chicken Taco Recipe That My Family Always Begs Me To Make For Dinner

You will be addicted to this recipe; it is so simple, anyone can make it!

254

So for this recipe, it all started out as a little experiment. I was just messing around in the kitchen and I was really craving tacos. But I didn't want to buy any tacos and I was feeling lazy, so I started looking through my pantry and saw that there were some spices and some chicken in the fridge.

So, I decided I was going to be making chicken tacos tonight for dinner.

I grabbed my Crock-Pot and all of my ingredients and I got to work. By work, I mean I just simply put everything into my Crock-Pot, set it on high, and took a nap. After I woke up from my nap, my mother came downstairs and asked what smelled so good, she thought the neighbors were cooking again.

Little did she know, it was that chicken I started just a couple hours ago.

After the chicken was done, I quickly whipped up some guacamole and a basic pico recipe with some tomatoes and onions and served them up on a warmed flour tortilla.

They were a smash hit in my household and that is when it all began. Since then, I have been experimenting with other meats and even vegetarian-style and it turns out excellent every time.

Thus, below, I will detail how to make these same tacos. For this particular recipe, I will be using chicken.

Ingredients:

Serves about 4-8 people

- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts

- 2 Cups of chicken broth

- 1 Tbsp of chili powder

- ½ Tbsp of cumin, onion powder, paprika, cayenne powder

- Salt and pepper to taste

You can also use one of those McCormick Chili Seasoning Packets in case you don't have all of the spices on hand.

You can play around with the seasonings with as much or as little as you want, cooking is subjective and adaptable.

If you don't have a Crock-Pot, you can use a large pot on the stove, but be sure to watch the pot; never leave anything on the stove unattended.

Recipe:

1. Add all of the ingredients into a Crock-Pot or a large pot.
  2. Cover and let sit for about 2 hours, or until you can easily shred the chicken with two forks.
  3. After the chicken is done and shredded, put it back into the pot to keep warm and serve immediately with whatever toppings you choose.

For the most photogenic picture for the 'gram or your Snap story, use simple toppings like tomatoes, white onions, and guacamole plus your favorite sauce. I prefer to just top it with Tabasco.

If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge.

The chicken pairs very well in quesadillas too and with your favorite beer or soda of choice.

It also pairs well with great friends and family!