6 Things to Look Forward To In Chicago Springtime

"Living in a city with a beautiful lake walk and beaches..."
3826

The time is finally here that all of us Chicagoans have been waiting for. The beauty of Chicago is truly captured best when it can be enjoyed with flowers blooming and people laughing underneath the sunshine. The waves crashing against the shoreline and the skyscrapers reflecting the blue skies and blue water are what makes even a walk in the busy areas of Chicago highly enjoyable.

You may never get to escape the hustle and bustle of what makes a big city so great but you can enjoy it for everything else it offers. Here is a list of some of the things that Chicago has to offer.

1. Walk to the lake

Living in a city with a beautiful lake walk and beaches makes it incredibly torturous in the winter as nothing is more tempting than escaping the city to go visit the open seas. Whether all you want to do is drink some margs as you watch the waves or toss a soccer ball in the grass as the wind from the lake blows in your hair, you’ll feel as if you have escaped the busy life you’ve become so accustomed to in the city.

2. Baseball season is coming

Living in a city with two major baseball teams, the games are never a disappointment regardless of the outcome. Knowing your preference of the South Side White Sox or the Wrigleyville Cubs can make or break a friendship… ok, not literally. But there has been a long and harsh feud of which team is the “better” Chicago team.

3. Fashion

After the drab Winter clothing you’ve been forced to wear just to stay a little warm in the frigid Chicago winter comes a relief as you can finally wear mini skirts and light jackets. Winter clothing can oftentimes make you feel as if you’re covered up avoiding flaunting any of your personal flair which means that it’s time to take full advantage of the short Chicago warmth.

4. Grill-outs and parties

This is one of the most enjoyable aspects of Spring because you finally get to see everyone that you’ve been shoved inside for too long for. Hot dogs and cold beer are what I look forward to most when it gets warm out because you get to enjoy those with people that you are having a great time with.

5. Exploring the city

There’s so many unique and exciting places to visit that staying in during the cold winter days don’t allow you to explore. There’s a plethora of coffee shops, museums, and amazing places to walk along that are not as enjoyable if it’s frigid out.

6. Fests and farmers' markets

Last year, I went to a vegan fest and it was the single most interesting fest I have been to. I was able to find a fest with my favorite food and I didn’t have to pick or choose what I could eat out of the menu. It was amazing to see people who have the same preferences come together to enjoy the fact that we are all supporters of vegan-ism. This led me to find other vegan fests around the city which led me to discover some interesting and delicious restaurants and brands I could buy at the supermarket.