Cherishing The Time You Have On Earth

Cherishing The Time You Have On Earth

Put down the phone and focus on the finer things in life.
4

As social media is a huge part of this generation, it takes most people away from the memories being made right in front of their eyes. In today's generation, we tend to miss the greater moments that piece us together, make us whole and mold us into the people we are becoming or have become. We are so tangled in this mess that lures us in with its addicting presence -- but why is it so addicting? We feel the need to seek the approval of others, to try to be correct in situations that don't even affect us, or try to be something we're not due to the fear we have of being ourselves. Social media, for the most part, essentially has no importance to our lives because the way I see it, it does not better us in any way, but instead pulls us from the important moments in our lives. So put down your phone (after reading this, of course), get ice cream with your sister, laugh with your friends, go spend time on that family trip and tell the people in your life that you love them, because being so caught up in the social web can take time away from the most memorable moments in your life, which should be cherished. Forget about social media and make your life worth living. Life passes us by in the blink of an eye, and it'll slip right though your fingertips if you're not looking. Don't waste so much of your time immersed in a world full of things that are taking you away from the unforgettable memories you should be making -- after all, it's the little things that count.