These Are The Top 16 Films At The Cine Latino 2017 Film Showcase This Weekend

These Are The Top 16 Films At The Cine Latino 2017 Film Showcase This Weekend

Cine Latino is a showcase of Ibero and Latin American films at the St. Anthony Main Theatre in Minneapolis, MN.
views

Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Do you like to watch movies? Of course you do! Check out Cine Latino!

Cine Latino is a showcase of Ibero and Latin-American cinema presented by the Minneapolis St. Paul Film Society. This 2017 showcase will focus on Mexican cinema, and will take place at the St. Anthony Main Theatre. If you haven't been to St. Anthony Main, you should check it out because the theatre itself is incredibly comfortable and gives good vibes, not to mention the location is next to the river and it's such a wonderful place to walk around. The films may be in Catalan, English, Spanish, or Portuguese. Don't fear! There will be subtitles, so you can still enjoy!

Wondering what's playing? The film line-up is as follows:

1. "The 4th Company"

Saturday, November 18, 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 19, 5:00 p.m.

2. "At the End of the Tunnel"

Sunday, November 19, 7:00 p.m.

3. "Bad Influence"

Friday, November 17, 2:45 p.m.

4. "Brimstone & Glory"

Saturday, November 18, 5:00 p.m.

5. "Devil's Freedom"

Sunday, November 19, 1:00 p.m.

6. "Gurumbé. Afro-Andalusian Memories"

Sunday, November 19, 3:30 p.m.

7. "Help Me Make it Through the Night"

Friday, November 17, 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 18, 8:45 p.m.

8. "Intimate Battles"

Saturday, November 18, 1:15 p.m.
Sunday, November 19, 2:45 p.m.

9. "No Dress Code Required"

Friday, November 17, 4:45 p.m.
Tuesday, November 21, 7:00 p.m.

10. "Nobody's Watching"

Friday, November 17, 9:15 p.m.
Sunday, November 19, 7:45 p.m.

11. "Santo Contra Hombres Infernales"

Saturday, November 18, 3:00 p.m.

12. "Such is Life in the Tropics"

Friday, November 17, 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 18, 3:30 p.m.

13. Summer 1993"

Thursday, November 16, 7:15 p.m.
Friday, November 17, 3:30 p.m.

14. "Two Irenes"

Sunday, November 19, 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 22, 7:00 p.m.

15. "Vazante"

Saturday, November 18, 7:15 p.m.

16. "Woodpeckers"

Friday, November 17, 7:00 p.m.
Monday, November 20, 7:00 p.m.

Note: showings that have been crossed off have already passed

You can find descriptions of the films on the Cine Latino website, where you can also see what language the film is in and what country it is highlighting. Also feel free to check out the Cine Latino Facebook page!

This solves all your problems of not having any weekend plans! Attend this wonderful cultural event and learn something new. Cine Latino is a great learning opportunity for all and it shows films that you might not otherwise watch. So get out there, the world is your oyster, carpe diem! If you're a student, don't forget to bring your ID with you and you'll only have to pay $5.00!

Cover Image Credit: Cine Latino

Popular Right Now

50 Quotes from the Best Vines

If you're picturing the vines in your head, you're doing it right
views

In 2017 we had to say goodbye to one of the best websites to ever roam the internet: Vine. In case you have been living under a rock since 2013, Vine was -(sad face)- a website and app that took the internet and the app store by storm in Winter 2013. It contained 6-second videos that were mostly comedy- but there were other genres including music, sports, cool tricks and different trends. Vine stars would get together and plan out a vine and film it till they got it right.

It was owned by Twitter and it was shut down because of so many reasons; the viners were leaving and making money from Youtube, there was simply no money in it and Twitter wanted us to suffer.

There's been a ton of threads on Twitter of everyone's favorite vines so I thought I'd jump in and share some of my favorites. So without further ado, here are some quotes of vines that most vine fanatics would know.

1. "AHH...Stahhp. I coulda dropped mah croissant"

2. "Nate how are those chicken strips?" "F%#K YA CHICKEN STRIPS.....F%#K ya chicken strips!"

3. "Road work ahead? Uh Yea, I sure hope it does"

4. "Happy Crimus...." "It's crismun..." "Merry crisis" "Merry chrysler"

5. "...Hi Welcome to Chili's"

6. "HoW dO yOu kNoW wHaT's gOoD fOr mE?" "THAT'S MY OPINIONNN!!!.."

7."Welcome to Bible Study. We're all children of Jesus... Kumbaya my looordd"

8. Hi my name's Trey, I have a basketball game tomorrow. Well I'm a point guard, I got shoe game..."

9. "It's a avocadooo...thanks"

10. "Yo how much money do you have?" "69 cents" "AYE you know what that means?" "I don't have enough money for chicken nuggets"

11. "Hurricane Katrina? More like Hurricane Tortilla."

12. "Hey Tara you want some?" "This b*%th empty. YEET!"

13. "Get to Del Taco. They got a new thing called Freesha-- Free-- Freeshavaca do"

14. "Mothertrucker dude that hurt like a buttcheek on a stick"

15. "Two brooss chillin in a hot tub 5 feet apart cuz they're not gay"

16. "Jared can you read number 23 for the class?" "No I cannot.... What up I'm Jared, I'm 19 and I never f#@%in learned how to read."

17. "Not to be racist or anything but Asian people SSUUGHHH"

18. 18. "I wanna be a cowboy baby... I wanna be a cowboy baby"

19. "Hey, I'm lesbian" "I thought you were American"

20. "I spilled lipstick in your Valentino bag" "you spilled- whaghwhha- lipstick in my Valentino White bag?"

21. "What's better than this? Guys bein dudes"

22. "How'd you get these bumps? ya got eggzma?" "I got what?" "You got eggzma?"

23. "WHAT ARE THOSEEEEE?" "THEY are my crocs!"

24. "Can I get a waffle? Can I please get a waffle?"

25. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!" "I can't sweem"

26. "Say Coloradoo" "I'M A GIRAFFE!!"

27. "How much did you pay for that taco?" Aight yo you know this boys got his free tacoo"

28. *Birds chirping* "Tweekle Tweekle"

29. "Girl, you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal"

30. "I brought you Frankincense" "Thank you" "I brought you Myrrh" "Thank you" "Mur-dur" "huh...Judas..no"

31. "Sleep? I don't know about sleep...it's summertime" "You ain't go to bed?" "Oh she caught me"

32. "All I wanna tell you is school's not important... Be whatever you wanna be. If you wanna be a dog...RUFF. You know?"33. "Oh I like ya accent where you from?" "I'm Liberian" "Oh, my bad *whispering* I like your accent..."

34. "Next Please" "Hello" "Sir, this is a mug shot" "A mug shot? I don't even drink coffee"

35. "Hey did you happen to go to class last week?" "I have never missed a class"

36. "Go ahead and introduce yourselves" "My name is Michael with a B and I've been afraid of insects my entire-" "Stop, stop, stop. Where?" "Hmm?" "Where's the B?" "There's a bee?"

37. "There's only one thing worse than a rapist...Boom" "A child" "No"

38. "Later mom. What's up me and my boys are going to see Uncle Kracker...GIVE ME MY HAT BACK JORDAN! DO YOU WANNA SEE UNCLE KRACKER OR NO?

39. "Dad look, it's the good kush." This is the dollar store, how good can it be?"

40. "Zach stop...Zach stop...You're gonna get in trouble. Zach"

41. "CHRIS! Is that a weed? "No this is a crayon-" I'm calling the police" *puts 911 into microwave* "911 what's your emergency"

42. "WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? "

43. *Blowing vape on table* * cameraman blows it away* "ADAM"

44. "Would you like the spider in your hand?" "Yea" "Say please" "Please" *puts spider in hand* *screams*

45. "Oh hi, thanks for checking in I'm still a piece of garrbaagge"

46. *girl blows vape* "...WoW"

47. *running* "...Daddy?" "Do I look like-?"

48. *Pours water onto girl's face" "Hello?"

49. "Wait oh yes wait a minute Mr. Postman" "HaaaAHH"

50. "...And they were roommates" "Mah God they were roommates"

I could literally go on forever because I just reference vines on a daily basis. Rest in peace Vine

Cover Image Credit: Vine

Related Content

Connect with a generation
of new voices.

We are students, thinkers, influencers, and communities sharing our ideas with the world. Join our platform to create and discover content that actually matters to you.

Learn more Start Creating

9 Of The Best 'Star Wars' Outfits That Have The Fashion Force Behind Them

There are so many parts that make "Star Wars" what it is today, most importantly, the costumes.

views

There are many things and parts that have made Star Wars the cultural phenomenon that it is now. The special effects at the time of the original release were nothing but outstanding. The concept of something so futuristic existing long ago in a galaxy far, far away. The Skywalker family, how complicated and connected it is to the entire universe.

Honestly, the list could go on and on.

One specific thing that people enjoy, but I think in a more passive way, is the costuming and wardrobe. As a kid, I remember thinking how cool Darth Vader, the Stormtroopers, Jedi, and rebels looked. Having the chance to put on some Jedi robes or suit up in some armor from the Empire would be a dream for nearly any fan.

Through the years the costumes only got better as well. Something new was always in the works. Perhaps new troopers, Jedi attire, or dark side outfits — the universe would always push the limits. As such I've collected some of what I consider to be the best outfits through the series.

1. Darth Vader (armored).

Darth Vader has got to be the epitome of bad guy.Intimidating height. Never-ending darkness. Hidden face. A total badass through and through.

2. Luke Skywalker (ROTJ).

Luke in ROTJ dressed like the person he is a new generation of Jedi.

3. Padme Amidala

Padme was always balling in an any outfit she had on.

4. Leia Organa.

Even though Leia may have never met her mother, she certainly takes after her in terms of style.

5. Stormtroopers.

Any generation of Stormtrooper is badass in their own way, but it all started with the OG crew back in 77.

6. Kylo Ren.

Although he may be bit goth or emo, Kylo is still my favorite person (in style and personality) in the new trilogy.

7. Swamp troopers (mudtroopers).

I really don't know what draws me to the Swamptroopers, but they're a group that I can't get enough of. Just so rugged and different from others we've seen throughout the franchise.

8. Boba Fett.

Boba's outfit is as cool as his demeanor.

9. Shoretroopers.

When you see these guys run out on the beaches on Scarif, you know they mean business.

Related Content