These Are The Top 16 Films At The Cine Latino 2017 Film Showcase This Weekend

Cine Latino is a showcase of Ibero and Latin American films at the St. Anthony Main Theatre in Minneapolis, MN.
46

Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Do you like to watch movies? Of course you do! Check out Cine Latino!

Cine Latino is a showcase of Ibero and Latin-American cinema presented by the Minneapolis St. Paul Film Society. This 2017 showcase will focus on Mexican cinema, and will take place at the St. Anthony Main Theatre. If you haven't been to St. Anthony Main, you should check it out because the theatre itself is incredibly comfortable and gives good vibes, not to mention the location is next to the river and it's such a wonderful place to walk around. The films may be in Catalan, English, Spanish, or Portuguese. Don't fear! There will be subtitles, so you can still enjoy!

Wondering what's playing? The film line-up is as follows:

1. "The 4th Company"

Saturday, November 18, 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 19, 5:00 p.m.

2. "At the End of the Tunnel"

Sunday, November 19, 7:00 p.m.

3. "Bad Influence"

Friday, November 17, 2:45 p.m.

4. "Brimstone & Glory"

Saturday, November 18, 5:00 p.m.

5. "Devil's Freedom"

Sunday, November 19, 1:00 p.m.

6. "Gurumbé. Afro-Andalusian Memories"

Sunday, November 19, 3:30 p.m.

7. "Help Me Make it Through the Night"

Friday, November 17, 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 18, 8:45 p.m.

8. "Intimate Battles"

Saturday, November 18, 1:15 p.m.
Sunday, November 19, 2:45 p.m.

9. "No Dress Code Required"

Friday, November 17, 4:45 p.m.
Tuesday, November 21, 7:00 p.m.

10. "Nobody's Watching"

Friday, November 17, 9:15 p.m.
Sunday, November 19, 7:45 p.m.

11. "Santo Contra Hombres Infernales"

Saturday, November 18, 3:00 p.m.

12. "Such is Life in the Tropics"

Friday, November 17, 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 18, 3:30 p.m.

13. Summer 1993"

Thursday, November 16, 7:15 p.m.
Friday, November 17, 3:30 p.m.

14. "Two Irenes"

Sunday, November 19, 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 22, 7:00 p.m.

15. "Vazante"

Saturday, November 18, 7:15 p.m.

16. "Woodpeckers"

Friday, November 17, 7:00 p.m.
Monday, November 20, 7:00 p.m.

Note: showings that have been crossed off have already passed

You can find descriptions of the films on the Cine Latino website, where you can also see what language the film is in and what country it is highlighting. Also feel free to check out the Cine Latino Facebook page!

This solves all your problems of not having any weekend plans! Attend this wonderful cultural event and learn something new. Cine Latino is a great learning opportunity for all and it shows films that you might not otherwise watch. So get out there, the world is your oyster, carpe diem! If you're a student, don't forget to bring your ID with you and you'll only have to pay $5.00!