Spring Break Trips For The Broke College Student

You don't have to spend a lot of money to have a good time.

36

Spring break is a highlight week for college students. It's something that we all look forward to for the spring semester. It's a little break that is much needed to be able to finish off the semester. Most of the time it is not cheap and let's be honest, most people in college do not have a lot of money to spend. Here are some cheaper trips for students to take for that much-needed getaway.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article232507217.html

It's a beautiful coastline that is miles and miles long. On the beach, there are lots of little southern eateries and seafood restaurants. After a hot day on the beach, you can hit the outlets and have a nice day of shopping. There are lots of activities to do like mini-golfing or if you are a pro, there are lots of full-size golf courses. It's an awesome place to go for a very inexpensive trip.

Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

smoky_hiking.htm

For less than $200 you can tour a beautiful national park where you can also go fishing. It's a great place for someone who likes to be outdoorsy. There are so many hiking trails and little fishing holes. It's so beautiful to stand at the top of the trail on a mountain and look at the sunset and the awesome scenery. Also, if you are 21 and over, there are some awesome local breweries and restaurants that you definitely need to go to.

Washington D.C.

https://www.earthmagazine.org/article/travels-geology-touring-capital-geology-washington-dc

This is an amazing trip! You can visit a real Supreme Court and even sit in on a live hearing. It is a beautiful building and awesome place to go and look around. You can also visit the Holocaust Museum which is an interesting and even eye opening experience. Then you should go walk around the capital building. It is a beautiful place to take pictures. This is a cheap trip because walking around and looking at the buildings is a very historical experience but also most of the time FREE.

Cruise to the Bahamas

A cruise is a great option. You get to see a lot of different parts or even different islands. There are excursions you can choose to do or lay on the beach where you dock. The food is cheap and if you buy the drink package you can get drinks the whole time on the boat. You get to experience a different culture and different sites. Not to mention, take some great pics. You may even get to meet some more spring breakers.

Road trip

https://www.moneycrashers.com/plan-road-trip-tips-ideas/

Grab a bunch of friends and all carpool on a road trip. Grab a B&B and all split the costs. It will be a lot of fun to get away with all of your close friends. It's a very inexpensive way to travel. You can hit up all the local spots and breweries. Get out and even ask the locals where they go and what they do for fun.

Daytona Beach, Florida

https://www.timeout.com/daytona-beach/things-to-do/best-things-to-do-in-daytona-beach

During spring break, the weather is in the 80-degree range. There are lots of cheap places to stay and a big red party bus that runs along the beach. The beach is filled with students spring breaking all the way from March to April. There is always a party on the beach or the boardwalk. There are also lots of clubs for nightlife. The most expensive part of this trip is getting down to Daytona.

Atlantic City, New Jersey

atlantic-city-rebirth

It's a very inexpensive trip and very easy to get a room with a water view. The gaming and casino scene is a very big part of this trip. The boardwalk is also amazing. There is live music shows and also night clubs that make this a great place for nightlife. The casinos are awesome and you don't have to lose a bunch of money - just make sure you have a set budget for how much you want to gamble.

I hope this shows you some very inexpensive and fun trips you can take for spring break. You don't have to spend a lot of money to have a nice and fun getaway with some friends. When in college I know its a struggle to think about spending money on a trip, but now you know there are some very fun and inexpensive trips to take.