5 Cheap Adventures To Go On Before Summer Ends

Sometimes the best memories are made with the smallest amount of money.

153

One of my favorite things about summer is going on vacation. I'm usually so busy during the school year that I don't get to go do a lot of fun stuff with my friends, so I tend to splurge more in the summer.

However, going to the beach or the big city can have its costs. My wallet and stomach both agree. So, I spent some of this summer trying to find cheaper activities that weren't lame in a small town. Here, I present to you 5 cheap adventures that you can do at any time of the year without breaking the bank:

1. Natural areas/ state parks

This summer we ventured out about an hour and a half from my hometown to the Clark Creek Natural Area. This is the home of several waterfalls and hours of adventure. After about three hours of hiking through the woods and checking out the waterfalls, not only were we exhausted, but we were so glad that we did so! With only a five dollar donation, some water bottles, and gas to get to and fro, we had one of the best adventures of the summer.

2. Cheap/ free concerts

When you think of going to a concert, you're usually willing to fork out hundreds of dollars for the best seats. That's not to mention parking, food, hotels, gas, etc. While this is usually the norm for big names, not all concerts have to be expensive. We went to a Halsey concert for $30 tickets a piece!! Concerts like this at amphitheaters are usually cheaper due to the seating. Getting to lay out in the grass and listen to music was one of my favorite summer memories. Sure, most big names won't be that cheap, but some smaller entertainers will be. You might discover your next obsession or a flop. Either way, it's an adventure that doesn't require a lot of money.

3. Going to the park/ playground

Whether you are six or 36, going to the park is always an adventure. Taking your dog for a walk, swinging on the swings, or just running around throwing a football, there is never a boring day at the park. This is great for families trying to get outdoors or for friends to meet up and hang out without getting into trouble. Your dog, your grandma, and your children will always remember the days you spent outside at the park!

4. Movie marathon

Sometimes the best adventures aren't in real life. Staying in and renting some movies from Redbox can be a chill adventure as well! Netflix and chilling with your friends can be just as fun as going out. Sleepovers with the right people can be just as adventurous as doing anything else.

5. Day trips

Road trips can be expensive and hard to plan, working over the summer can take up all of your time, and sometimes nothing more than a day trip is all you have and need. Driving out of town to a nearby city for some fun or even becoming a tourist in your town is all the adventure you never knew you needed. There can be hidden gems in your town; you just have to be willing to look. We visited antebellum homes, walked the cemetery, and took a stroll downtown just looking at the window shops. All of that can be as cheap or expensive as you make it.

No matter where you are, near or far, adventure is there and waiting for you. You just have to be willing to go look for it!