Chase Your Passion, Not Your Pension

Chase Your Passion, Not Your Pension

We have all heard the phrase "If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life." But what does that actually mean?

16
People standing over "Passion Led Us Here" phrase
https://unsplash.com/photos/TamMbr4okv4

If you wake up every morning and dread going to work, reflect on your life. Ask yourself - are you doing something you love? Are you doing something that makes you feel good? Are you putting all of your effort into your work? If you said no to any of these, the world is passing you by. Why is that? You are going to a job, which you may not like, and not giving it your all.

You are going to this job, knowing that you would rather be anywhere but there. By doing this, you are planting yourself somewhere you may not grow. Why would one do that? The money.

The harsh reality is, you are chasing your pension - not your passion. How do you expect to be happy doing something you dislike?

You may be bringing the fire, but you are not bringing the passion. Passion is energy; feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. If you are going to that job, and hating every minute of it, you are not feeling that power. You are not feeling the fire in your soul.

You go to this job, and you only bring twenty percent to the table. How do you expect to go somewhere? You see people behind you and they are passing you by - how is that? They are giving one hundred percent. They are giving it their all. They see how their choices impact others' lives. They made something of themselves because of their passion.

How do you think Picasso became the artist he did? He started from the bottom. He used the materials and his passion to create the art he did. He became famous because the fire within him burned brighter than the fire around him. He made the world his. Picasso gave one hundred percent on every piece he worked on. He loved what he did, and the world was his. He took a chance and became a famous artist.

If you want to have the life you have always dreamed of, have a passion for it. Enjoy every second of what you do. Otherwise, what is the point? One person with passion is better than forty people only interested. Create a life you love living. Leave your mark. There will never be a better time than now.