The Art Of Chaos

The Art Of Chaos

The simple definition of chaos is disorder.

5632
The Art Of Chaos
Henderson Art

I was sitting in my 3 p.m. English class, listening to my professor go on about rhetorical language for the fourth time that day. Soon after, she emphasized the word chaos and its effects within our daily lives. The phrase she continuously used was “Chaos is everywhere.” I thought she was crazy for a good minute before incorporating what she was actually saying.

The simple definition of chaos is disorder. There is disorder in everything we do, no matter how hard every one of us try to keep it together. Our life, our decisions, our virtues are all dependent upon the consistency we try to find in chaos.

One of my favorite quotes from Henry Adams states, “Chaos was the law of nature; order was the dream of man."

The quote speaks for itself. The opposite of chaos would simply be expectations. The intention of having laws, By embracing the differences and the unexpected events is what makes life enticingly refreshing. The unanticipated events are what I would call the experiences in life that every one of us should go through. Without experiences, we would not gain knowledge to go on and thrive to find our true self within the darkened times.

Chaos adds the vibrant color to our lives. Without it, feelings or emotions would not be present. The craziness within the world ends up being what makes everything and everyone unique.

To have the anticipation of not knowing what is to come, is what makes life exhilaratingly beautiful. Exploring the difficulties of life, feeling pain, having fear and confusion, falling in love, experiencing heartbreaks and regaining hope are some of the few stages in life everyone face at some point in their lives.

By gradually accepting the chaos in your life, you’ll finally be able to learn to accept yourself.

So make your life as chaotic as possible. The next time you feel the heartbreak, let it sink in and understand that it happened for a reason. The next time you feel like giving up, know that there are a billion opportunities in the world waiting for you.

The next time you feel fear and confusion; know that there is light down a path you have never even discovered yet. The chaos that will end up following you for the rest of your life will end up being the best and the worst thing to ever happen to you. Which will you make it will eventually be up to you.