It's Okay To Change Your Major

Why It's Okay to Change Your Major.

No matter how many times you change your major, it's okay.

13
Why It's Okay to Change Your Major.

No matter what people tell you, changing your major is not that big of a deal. Yes, you may have to stay in school a little bit longer. And yes, you may not be graduating with all of your friends like you planned. But it's worth it for so many reasons.

For one, the reason you are switching your major is most likely because you lost interest in the subject you were studying. It happens, and it's absolutely normal. Just imagine that if you were in a job doing something that you had no interest in, would you be happy? Most likely no. Sometimes, the major you choose is what you will be doing for the rest of your life, unless you go further with your education and choose multiple paths for your career.

If you were to become a teacher, and you had no interest in being a teacher, what would happen? Either you will be a disliked teacher or a poor one, or maybe even both. That makes students lives just a lot harder because they may not like their teacher, and they may not learn as well.

If you were to be an architect creating someone's dream home, yet couldn't bring yourself to be interesting in it, you may risk ever finding a job.

Choose your passion! Even if that means you have to change your major five times in order to figure out what you're calling is.

For another, when you choose your desired major you can choose your dream job. Your life would be a lot happier, and that's what life is all about. This major may not give opportunities for the biggest of paygrades, but it always provides something. There are always opportunities to increase your education after choosing your major. You may also be able to have minors that aid in many opportunities for jobs.

Changing your major is okay because it allows you to fully have control of your life. You parents may not approve, but it is the life you are going to live. You may have to sell all the textbooks you bought for the previous major and spend twice as much on the current ones, but having an enjoyable job is what comes out of it.

It does not matter whether you are a freshman, sophomore, or junior because you still have so much more time to decide what you want to do. College applications bring pressure that you have to choose a major and keep it, but that's not always the case. You have the opportunity to change your major because not only are you young and have plenty of time, but you deserve to be happy with your future job.