Change Is Nothing To Fear

Change Is Nothing To Fear

I have found that most times, change brings out the best in life. It guides us to a new reality that we may enjoy much better than what we knew before it.

255
Change Is Nothing To Fear

For many of us, change is one of the scariest aspects of life. And even though change is always occurring, my feelings towards it remained constant.

When I was a little girl, I distinctly remember dreading any type of change at all. Whether it was getting a new teacher, starting up a new summer camp, or even seeing a good friend move away, change always seemed to be an aspect of life that I never enjoyed.

Every time I was faced with a situation in which change was happening, I found myself longing for what used to be my norm. I would typically get upset over whatever aspect of life was changing and believe that the future would be way worse than the life I knew before it. However, as years have gone by, I have noticed that this mind-frame doesn't always seem to hold true.

I have come to the realization that change is good and I actually believe it. During my childhood, I vaguely remember being upset over a change in life and being told that sometimes change is good. Confused and maybe a little agitated, I couldn't seem to grasp the concept. Not only was I unconvinced, but frustrated with getting such a response. I felt like no one really understood me.

Throughout life you learn that change can be good because you live through it. You see the full outcome of the event, watch the before and after, and see for yourself what scenario ended up being the better one.

My advice is to always keep a open-mind. Be willing to accept change and try to see the positive in it. Everything truly does happen for a reason and most of the time it can be seen throughout the mist of whatever is changing.