What The 30-Day K-Love Challenge Has Done For Me

This Is What The 30-Day K-Love Challenge Has Done For Me

30 days is a lot of time to heal the mind

14

One of my favorite radio shows is K-Love. It's a contemporary Christian radio show that streams recent music and discusses what's going on in the world.

Years ago when I was listening they had a challenge to listen to only Christian music for 30 days. It sounds impossible, because you don't have control over what others are streaming, but that doesn't count. Whenever you have your own choice of music to listen to, choose Christian music.

I had tried it then and I loved it. I found that it made me an even more positive person than I already am. My faith grew incredibly. I didn't think I was a very religious person. I didn't really read my bible, or pray, I just went to church on Sundays and youth group on Wednesdays. However, through these songs, I was learning more. You would be surprised about the bible stories these songs reference. It got to the point where it wasn't just a 30-day challenge, but a lifestyle. It became my go-to playlist.

Now it's 2019. The first time I heard of this challenge was approximately 7 years ago.

It's been a while and I decided to try it out again to see what it would do for me, and it did the same thing.

I am much happier when I choose to listen to my Christian music compared to my other playlists. Most of the songs have an upbeat message and story.

If you get the chance, take the 30-day challenge yourself. Who knows what you will learn about yourself and your faith, it can work miracles for you.