Celebrity Behavior We Wish We Could Get Away With

Shouldn't we all get to have a Kanye level Twitter rant once in awhile?

16

While being a celebrity may not be all fun and games, it certainly has some perks. In fact, there are many behaviors that only celebrities can get away with. Here are a few behaviors we secretly wish we could pull off in real life.

Being able to praise yourself on social media

When Kanye West disagrees with a review of his album, he proceeds to call out the reviewer on Twitter (sorry, Bob Ezrin) and rant about his genius being disrespected. Not many people who aren’t Kanye West can get away this this…but wouldn’t it be kind of sweet if we could? I would love the opportunity to tweet about my genius being underappreciated after my professors give me a lower score than I believe I deserve. Tweets would include, “SERIOUSLY?! YOU CALL THAT A "B" PAPER? YOU DON’T APPRECIATE ART! YOU DON’T APPRECIATE GENIUS!” Unlike Kanye, I would be labeled a crazy person and not a “misunderstood artist,” and would lose all of my followers. Oh, if only.

Making a coffee run a runway

For celebrities, coffee runs are another excuse to get dressed in their designer best and be spotted by the paparazzi. For college students like myself, coffee runs are a mere five minute break to refuel before returning to classes and mounting homework. Unlike Gigi Hadid, I can’t waste my best clothes for a latte run … I have to save those for the weekend. In addition, the closest most students get to a paparazzi moment comes courtesy of people on campus Snapchatting them slipping on ice.

Pulling off a serious model face without looking pretentious

The fish gape is one of the most popular faces to make on the red carpet today. While most starlets slay while giving their best fish gape, it's hard to truly pull off this look while not wearing a designer dress and being on a red carpet. When JLo does a fish gape, she looks effortless. When a non-celebrity does a fish gape, they risk looking like they take themselves far too seriously and are suffering from an intense migraine.

Bragging about your physique

There is no better feeling that seeing results from eating well and exercising … but unless you’re a Kardashian, people aren’t exactly interested in seeing your updates. However, it would be nice to upload a picture of your burgeoning six-pack with admiring fans commenting “YASSSS QWEEEN!” for days.

Shouting "NO PICTURES" when you're not feeling your best

Another benefit of being famous? You get to shout “NO PICTURES!” when you’re not in the mood to be photographed. Unfortunately for us normal people, no one cares when we don’t want our photo taken and we end up being the main star of our friend’s Snapchat story.

Not needing excuses

When you’re a celebrity, people don’t question you when you cancel events or don’t show up to places. Wouldn’t it be nice to not show up to an exam and have your publicist issue a statement to your professor saying you couldn’t take the exam “due to exhaustion?”

Note: Do not try this. Unless you have starred in a movie franchise or have a hit album it will not go over well.

Cheers to not being famous!