Celebrity Incidents That Prove It Doesn’t Matter How Rich You Are, Abuse Is Everywhere

Celebrities are people with real problems, abuse is no different.

6421

Abuse amongst celebrities is quite common. Someone's life doesn't have to be great just because they're a celebrity. You don't always know what happens behind closed doors.

1. Rihanna and Chris Brown

Rihanna and Chris Brown's 2009 altercation is still very relevant and talked about to this day. Rihanna was battered and bruised. For years she has had to relive the moment by telling her story over and over again in interviews.

In a "20/20" interview, Rihanna expresses how eventually in their relationship they became toxic for each other.

"The more in love we became, the more dangerous we became for each other, equally dangerous because it was a bit of an obsession."

Their love literally became toxifying; try and watch out for this sign.

2.  Megan Thee Stallion and Tory Lanez

Meg didn't speak out about what happened with Tory Lanez until a few weeks after it happened. She ended up making an Instagram video in which she explained what had happened because people were making jokes, lies, and rumors were being spread.

In the video, she explains that she didn't come forth with what happened before because she didn't want anything to happen to Tory Lanez. She said with police brutality going on, she didn't want to take the risk of him getting shot because there was a gun in the car. She protected him for his own safety sacrificing hers.

Tory Lanez didn't reach out with an apology for weeks. He eventually sent Meg a TEXT MESSAGE APOLOGY. TMZ obtained the alleged text/ He shot her and TEXTED an apology. No public, phone, or in-person apology, a text message.

3.  Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton has endured a lot of abuse. In her documentary, This Is Paris she opens up about the abuse she encountered at a boarding school she was sent to in Utah and she also shared her experience of abuse from five ex-boyfriends.

In short, the boarding school had a lot to do with the toxic relationships she was in, she came to think the treatment she was receiving was normal. In a "People Magazine" article, Paris talks about her trauma, some for the first time ever, and still she has nightmares about the incidents.

Abuse doesn't just go away, the memories stay with the victims indefinitely.

4. Johnny Depp and Amber Heard

This couple is written with no intention to accuse or dismiss either person involved as this is an ongoing investigation.

A lot of people have a strange idea that men cannot be physically abused, but Johnny Depp has shared his alleged experience with ex-wife Amber Heard. In contrast, she had shared her alleged experiences which include 14 different incidents.

So many people immediately tried to make him out to be a bad guy before the full story was released.

When talking about him being the victim and Amber being the potential abuser arose, the idea of challenging masculinity arises.

With all the toxic masculinity in the world, some may say things along the lines of, 'he's a man, how did a woman abuse him?' Men are abused too and shouldn't be automatically dismissed.

This case is ongoing and Depp is currently suing Amber Heard for defamation.

5. Ariana Grande and Mac Miller

Mac Miller and Ariana Grande were together for a few years and they seemed like such a cute couple who were goals. However, there was a lot of emotional abuse and baggage that came along due to Mac's substance abuse.

In a Twitter post surrounding Mac's death, Ariana said she tried her best to help him and essentially got to the point where she was emotionally drained. She was bashed so much after he died and was even blamed by some fans because she left him.

This is a classic case of, as Ariana says, minimizing "female self-respect and self-worth." In the same Twitter post, she says it was a toxic relationship; she was the victim blamed for his actions.

Money doesn't equal happiness, what you see isn't always what they get. Abuse doesn't discriminate.