Thank You To These 15 Celebrities Who Have Opened Up About Their Sexual Assault Experiences

Celebrities, like so many of use, are assaulted in broad daylight and we can't be silent anymore. Whether they are A-list, D-list, or normal-ass people, we all deserve to respected.

Sexual assaults are underreported for numerous reasons and if we want to bring more attention to these violations, it's time to turn our attention to Hollywood. When it comes to Hollywood, one of those reasons includes the tremendous hold that the toxic entertainment industry has on celebrities.

Hollywood is a part of our society, and we are in this together. Trauma and mental health do not discriminate. They do not pick and choose who they impact. In this way, celebrities' mental health is just as important as anyone else's, and assaulting them doesn't help.

Here are 15 celebrities who have spoken up about their personal sexual assault experiences:

James Van Der Beek

After women began speaking out against Harvey Weinstein, James Van Der Beek admitted that he understands the "unwarranted shame" that comes with being assaulted as he has experienced male-on-male sexual assault.

Lucy Hale

Lucy Hale's since-deleted post, she divulged her personal experience with sexual assault.

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift was violated when ex-DJ David Meuller grabbed her butt and put his hand under her skirt during a pre-concert photo op.

Gwenyth Paltrow

As we know, Harvey Weinstein had a toxic authority over the entertainment industry. Accordingly, Gwenyth Paltrow admitted that although he was the man who started her career at a young age, he also was the man to sexually harass her.

Angelina Jolie

Angeline Jolie has also spoken out about her bad experience with Weinstein and this is why she "chose never to work with him again and warn others when they did."

Kesha

In 2014, Kesha sued her producer, Dr. Luke, with the claim that he "sexually, physically, verbally, and emotionally abused [Kesha] to the point where [she] nearly lost her life."

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga's "'Til It Happens To You," explains it all.

Jane Fonda

The incredibly strong Jane Fonda has previously outlined all the ways the patriarchy has violated her: "I've been raped, I've been sexually abused as a child and I've been fired because I wouldn't sleep with my boss and I always thought it was my fault; that I didn't do or say the right thing."

Mike Tyson

The boxing champion was a victim of child abuse when he was only 7 years old.

Padma Lakshmi

Padma Lakshimi came forward with her New York Times opinion piece that disclosed her heart-wrenching story.

Gabrielle Union

Gabrielle Union is an outspoken advocate who was 19 years old when she was raped at gunpoint.

Terry Crews

Ashley Graham

In her book, "A New Model: What Confidence, Beauty, and Power Really Look Like," Ashley shared that among various abusive experiences, she was also sexually assaulted at 10 years old.

Ariana Grande

Remember #RespectAriana when Pastor Charles H. Ellis III inappropriately touched her in clear daylight?

Madonna

Madonna has recounted the numerous assaults she has experienced.