8 Ways To Celebrate Galentine's Day Instead

For all my single ladies.

171

If you're like me you don't have a Valentine....again. No worries; I mean it's all about Girl Power. While your taken friends will be out galavanting in the streets at lovely restaurants, you my friend can to have an awesome time with the girlfriends. Personally, I love Galentine's Day. It's almost like Bachelor night but without "The Bachelor." You're surrounding by your besties with a common appreciation for singleness. If you've never celebrated Galentine's Day, then you're in for a treat. Literal treats and figurative treats, because it's a celebration for the masses (of women, although there's probably a male version–maybe brolentines day).

1. Food Glorious Food

On Galentine's Day it is customary to treat yourself to your hearts desire in food. Whether that be heart shaped pizza from Papa John's, candy hearts or cheese fries–you deserve it. Enjoy it on a night in with the Netflix, or go out on the town with your gals to your favorite restaurant. So many places have singles deals you can get for ripping up something of an ex...or not.

2. Did I mention Netflix?

Netflix. The holy grail of television/movie watching. When combined with the above mention of food, it makes for the perfect night in with your besties. Personally, a night with endless snacks and friends sounds great to me. But if you're more into the movie stuff, some perfect Galentine's Day movies include: "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "Magic Mike," "How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days," and "Bring It On."

3. Mani Pedis

For us college kids, making time for a classic mani pedi can be hard, which is why Galentine's Day is the perfect time ( sorry if you have an exam the next day). Going to the nail salon with a friend is so relaxing and fun, why wouldn't you want to do it? Be even more wild and switch it up with the color and go bold if you usually don't–like me.

4. Shopping

I love shoping at any occasion. So having a reason to go? Even better. Just for reference, last year for LDOC while others partied, me and my friend went to the mall and shopped all afternoon. A day at the mall with the ladies makes for the perfect Galentine's Day afternoon. You can even stop in the foodcourt, grab some heart shaped Chick-fil-a and relax. If mall shopping is not your cup of tea, then online shop from the comfort of your bed.

5. Don't have Netflix? Hit the Theater

My favorite time to go to the movie theater is on off-days at weird times when almost no one is there. This means you can go in your pjs (sin fear of judgement), take your blanket and sneak in some snacks. My main recommendation for movies to see right now are "The Greatest Showman" (emphasis on this one because I've seen it twice and it's absolutely life changing), "Jumanji"(hilarious), "Maze Runner" (although seeing the previous ones is important), and soon to be a Valentine's Day classic, "Fifty Shades Freed."

6. Starbz date

Sometimes I feel like people never sit and just enjoy Starbucks anymore. I mean people study there, but studying=stress and on Galentine's Day, we try to be stress-free. So grab a friend and head over to your local Starbucks. Order your favorite drink, treat yourself to a pastry and just enjoy each other's company.

7. Take a bath

This one would usually not involve friends, so it's great for some personal you time. I personally feel like I never take enough baths, yet I continue to buy bath bombs from Lush and never use them because I never take a bath. It's a vicious cycle. So this Galentine's Day make some time fora relaxing soak in the tub.

8. General "you" time

As college students, we never have time to just focus on us and self-care. Self-care is very important to me and my sanity. Usually my self-care involves going to the nail salon alone and just taking that time for myself. So take some time to just do what you want to do, whether that's watching Netflix for a couple hours, seeing a movie, going on a hike or whatever your heart desires–take Galantine's Day to do it.

I know I'll being doing all these things between Galentine's Day and the weekend.

Happy Galentine's Day!