We celebrate Christmas because of Jesus.

A look back at its origin tell us that Jesus wasn't born on this date, and a lot of the reasons to bring forth this holiday was to eliminate pagan traditions. But we celebrate it because Jesus is alive.
15

Once again, we are reaching one of the favorite times of the year, Christmas. For as long as all of us were born, we have known Christmas to be a celebration where people gather decorations for their homes, shop for their family and friends, and put up a Christmas tree. Although it varies by culture, the tradition and idea stays the same. Others tell their kids about Santa Claus, and give them presents on the 25th of December. Do you recognize something important in all of these practices? None of these involve Jesus Christ.

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."-- Isaiah 9:6

Historical facts about the origins of Christmas

• Christmas used to be a pagan celebration to honor the God of the sun. December 25 was a celebration and a birthday to honor the god of the light.
  • In the year 350, the first Christian Roman emperor, Constantine, along with the pope at that time period declared December 25 the official celebration date for the birth of Jesus.
  • Jesus wasn't born on December 25; history tells us that he was born sometime around October. The time and date isn't specified, as records were difficult to maintain around that period.
  • They kept and included some pagan traditions into Christmas in order to keep some of the people happy. Some of these traditions include the trees, the decorations, and the giving of gifts.
  • The trees and decorations were originally used by the pagans and Christians to celebrate their festivals. The Vikings were the first to use them as a tribute and worship to the sun god, as well.
  • The idea of "Santa Claus" was adopted after a very generous man named Nicholas Klaus, and was passed on to become a saint in the Catholic church.
  • Nowadays, these traditions accumulate together, and the enemy has used them to distort the idea of Christmas and why we celebrate it.

As mentioned earlier, the trees and the decorations have diluted the idea of Christmas. As we are decorating our house during this time of year, let us remember why we celebrate Christmas, which is because Jesus is alive. When the prophet of Islam Muhammad died, every Muslim knew that he died and was buried in his grave. If you go to his grave, his remains are there. If you go to the grave of Buddha, his remains lie in his grave. If you go to any religious leader's grave, you will see the same result. However, if you go to the grave where Jesus laid, you will notice that it is empty!

"Some of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see.” --Luke 24:24

If Jesus would've been in his grave, everything that he said wouldn't have mattered at all. He would've been just as any religious preacher, or magician, or sorcerer that performed miracles. What made him stand out is that he validated that he was indeed a deity, just as his father was. He wasn't just a regular person, his birth was supernatural. The Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, and throughout life he stood apart from the rest. He performed miracles that the people in his time never experienced. But the greatest miracle that he did was resurrect from the grave to validate everything that he said onto his disciples and in the synagogues. We don't have a false hope or a false religion.

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."--John 14:6

He is the way, the truth, and the life. No one has a relationship with God if it isn't through Jesus Christ. This is one of his boldest statements that he proved when he resurrected. When you celebrate Christmas, remember why you do it! You do it because you celebrate a God that lives! Jesus is alive! And if he is alive that means you are praying to a God that hears your prayers! You are worshiping and believing in a God that is real! There is a reason to have faith, hope, and love, because our God reigns over all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you! I hope that you enjoy with your friends and family!