The great debate about dogs vs. cats is widely known. Most people are strong on one side. Being a dog person, I can never see why anyone would ever like cats more. In my opinion, cats are the spawn of Satan. Despite my feelings, I had to figure out how other people felt I'm still strong on the "dogs are better" side, but I guess I can respect the fans of cats.
Actually, I don't think I can.
I took the liberty of asking some friends how they feel. Here's what they had to say.
*Some people wanted to stay anonymous, so I will respect that.*
1. "Name one cat that has ever helped a blind person...dogs are the real heroes" - Abbie
Dogs are heroes with four legs.
2. "I like cats because they do things on their terms. It's hard to force a cat to do something." - Leah
I respect that.
3. "Cats can kiss my a**. Dogs are better because they will play with you and they're just so f*ckin cute." - Anonymous
I feel the same way.
4. "Dogs are more personable, they also like to cuddle/spend time with you." - Noelle
Yes! Thank you!!
5. "I like cats because all they do is eat & sleep, and I relate to them on a personal level." - Courtney
So maybe you relate to cats, but you can also relate to dogs.
7. "I love my cat because it cuddles and catches mice and doesn't annoy me like my dog does." - Amanda
Alright, alright, alright. I get it. Cats love mice and if you live in the country it helps. I'll give you this one.
9. "Dogs, because they have hearts. Cats are just black holes of hate." - Lily
I can't disagree with Lily. And that is not because she edits my articles. It's because she's right.
10. "Let's be honest here. Cats are great and all, but can you really compare them to the greatness of a dog who loves you no matter what?" - Sam
Dogs jump on you when you come home. Their tail wags like crazy. They LOVE you no matter how long you've been gone.
11. "I'm just going to say it. Dogs are better. End of story. Deal with it." - Me
I have always loved dogs and always hated cats. I've only had great experiences with dogs and horrible experiences with cats. And you cannot make me believe your cat is the best cat ever. It is not an angel. It is Satan. I'm not sorry.
We may never be able to settle the whole dogs vs. cats debate. I am a hardcore dog lover, but I will respect the people out there who love cats...maybe.