If You're A Cat-Lover, Be Careful What You Keep Around The House This Spring Season

There are a few important things that every cat owner should know about celebrating Easter and Spring.

172
Lexi Hammond

While you may be filling up your cart with things to celebrate and decorate for Easter, if you have cats in your home, there are a few things you should be mindful of.

The first thing you should check is if you have purchased any Easter Lilies.

If you have, ditch them immediately! These flowers are incredibly poisonous to cats, and even the pollen can kill them.

They aren't the only flower that is toxic to cats, either.

Daffodils can cause a variety of symptoms based on the amount consumed, ranging from drooling and vomiting to tremors and convulsions.

If a cat ingests plastic grass, it can cause intestinal blockages. You can avoid this by using paper or tissue grass!

Make sure children are careful with their Easter candy because chocolate is toxic to cats as well. It can cause seizures and even be fatal.

If any plastic eggs are left behind, cats can get to them and chew on them. The plastic can cause blockages and be very harmful to them.

If your Easter festivities include drinking or even just a glass of wine, remember to rinse out cups and glasses and avoid leaving spilled drinks on the floor or surfaces.

One tablespoon of alcohol can put a cat in a coma.