The Cardi B And Nicki Minaj Beef Has Gotten Too Dangerous

Beefs should stay outside and not in the building.

8

So I've known for a majority of my life that in rap music that there can a number one is because one, the public wants to put artists against each other for entertainment, and two, no one can stay at the top forever. We all grew up on Nicki Minaj the last ten years and have grown to be fans of Cardi B with her music. However, these two artists have been at each other's throats on social media and in the press for the last year and things have really come to a head in the last week alone.

Last weekend, the two rappers attended an after party during New York Fashion Week on September 7th and things turned ugly. Cardi B and Nicki Minaj were in the lobby when they come in contact with each other. Nicki allegedly stepped on Cardi's train of her dress and said a sly comment about Cardi's two-month-old daughter, Kulture, and that is what set Cardi off to lunge at her which led to her being knocked in the forehead and held back by security. She then proceeded to throw both her shoes at Nicki but missed her. She was then escorted out of the party, walking barefoot with a bump on her head.

Now flash forward to three days later, Nicki Minaj goes on her radio show, Queen Radio, Monday afternoon to tell her side of the story and it quickly turned into a dragging of Cardi B regarding her past and current behavior on social media and in public. She even went as far as to accuse her of using the cheating method of Payola, paying radio stations time radio play. She even went as far as to threaten Cardi B if she keeps "exposing" Nicki's past and current actions. Now we have seen the blows, both physical and verbal, and we're all asking the same question?

Has it gone too far and will it ever end?

/

Now if you're a 90a's kid or grew up in the era, the most notable beef in hip-hop was between Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G back in the day. It had escalated to the point where you had the east and west coast at war with each other. I remember one of my friend's uncle talking about it all happening while he lived in Atlanta. He said this.

"It was crazy because they would go back and forth with each other in diss records and would boost about coming to head with each other if either of them came to LA or New York. But when Tupac died, it was a hit to a a lot of people to the heart and when Biggie was taken out, it was the official end of the beef but it cost two young artists their lives."

We don't want this to happen again. These are two musicians who are talented and have made an impacted in music and in their community. But they are letting their fan bases and the media in their ears telling them things to instigate them to the point where they are looking like complete fools in the industry. These women are examples of other artists coming up in the industry. o one wants another rap beef the ends in death. Keep the beef off the streets and keep the peace. And hopefully, one day, if it ever happens, these two can make a dope record that will climb up the charts and get them a Grammy.