18 Thoughts You Have When Your Car Breaks Down

18 Stages Of Complete Panic Everyone Goes Through When Their Car Breaks Down, As Told By 'Parks And Rec'

1. "Wait, what??"

62

First off, let me start by saying that if you have never had the horror of having your car break down on you, count your blessings. Because it is absolutely terrifying. If you aren't that lucky, then you'll absolutely be able to relate to these 18 thoughts you have when it, unfortunately, does (all of which I experienced last Tuesday, when my car did)...

1. When your car first stops working.

"Wait, what??"

2. When you realize this is not in fact a joke and your car really is dead.

"WAIT, WHAT??????????"

3. ​When you try and figure out what's wrong, even though you have no idea about cars in general.

4. When you start to talk to your car, expecting it to answer you.

"Tell me your secrets, TALK TO ME."

5. When you start to get desperate.

"Maybe if I just try turning it off and on again?? PLEASE??"

6. When you start scrolling through your phone, trying to figure out who the heck to even call.

"Who do I call?! What do I do?!"

7. When you have to leave your car behind and you're not sure when you'll see it again.

8. When you see other cars on the street that are similar to your car.

"I JUST MISS HER SO MUCH!!!!"

9. When you have to start planning out rides to fit your schedule.

10. And you start to panic that you'll never, ever drive your car ever again.

11. To the point that you start to annoy your friends by talking about the issue all the time.

Shout-out to Kait for supporting me and calling my car by her proper name.

12. When everyone has all these different theories what it could be.

In reality, you're all speaking gibberish to me and you're just making me SAD.

13. And you start to think about how much all of this is going to cost you.

14. When you're so fed up with being car-less that consider writing the government, asking why we need to rely on cars so much when they're such fragile and expensive beings.

Was this just a me-thought?? Anyone else feel like this??

15. When the issue is finally diagnosed and you start crying again because at least one step toward fixing it has been taken.

16. When the stress begins to set in as it's in its final stages of being fixed.

Stress-eating is real and it's unfortunate.

17. When it's fixed and you hear your engine roaring and happy.

18. When your baby is FINALLY back in your posession and it's time to drown your previous stress.

Long live my baby, Lana del Jeep!