Captain Marvel Released Too Late

'Captain Marvel' May Have Premiered Just 6 Weeks Before 'End Game,' But Marvel's Timing Is Always Perfect

There's been a lot of talk about the timeframe in which this film was released.

41

After seeing "Captain Marvel" twice since its release, the film has grown on me. The naysayers do not like her for a couple of reasons: her "random, luck of the draw" power, perfections, and the story's release after 10 years of Marvel's productions. However, you can bring some perspective to this and say, Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man, had a selfish rise to power by saving himself. He has this "perfect" suit, but technically no superhuman abilities, and his release was three years before Captain Americas!

When it comes to superhero films and production schematics, everyone has an opinion. It is the nature of the audience and passion for all the characters they grew to love. Marvel had a plan in this storyline all along. Marvel has sewn a fabric, which DC (sorry!), is still trying to develop for their bigger picture. So, back to the main question. Captain Marvel, too late or just in time?

Buzzfeed brings us a fun, dissecting analysis of a recent "full scene" from Endgame, where Carol Danvers, also known as Captain Marvel, explains her absence over the last 20 years. "There are a lot of other planets in the universe, and unfortunately, they didn't have you guys." Beyond this quotation, loop in a small thought as to how her absence proves a surprise factor for what Thanos may have in store for himself in this film. While Ronan witnessed a "powerful weapon" on Earth in Captain Marvel, Thanos never made the trek to Earth. He sent Loki to gauge "the enemy," and what he could be up against.

For all the devoted comic book readers out there, many of you probably disagree with me. My perspective does not drive from the original writings. My perspective and thought process derives from the films and faith in the Marvel creation to this very point in time.

Captain Marvel's timing is just right. Kevin Feige, the producer and President of Marvel Studios, provides us with two explanations for why Nick Fury waited until "Infinity War" to contact her. One, Fury likely considered all events up to this "Infinity War" as "non-emergency." Captain Marvel DID ask him to only contact her for emergencies. "Infinity War" is an event on an "unprecedented" level. Two, Feige goes a bit "Marvel political" on us, saying "…how do you know he never hit it? How do we know he never pushed [the pager] before? We've never seen him push it before. That doesn't mean he never did." I am going to pretend that part was never of any debate.

Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, comes to us at the pinnacle moment of the Marvel timeline. We have waited 10 years for the culmination of this storyline. Her timing is perfect because "we're in the end game now."