The Capabilities Of Virtual Reality Go Beyond Just Gaming

It's way past the statement, "It's just a headset".

26

A significant piece of technology that will play a big gigantic role in the future is virtual reality, or VR.

When VR was first introduced, most people saw it as an escape from the real world. A place where we as people can escape from our struggles and problems that we face today. As time went on, new developments in VR were made and added within it, creating a more immersive and entertaining experience for the user.

Several different applications were created to fit specific needs for VR. You had some made for entertainment and some for learning aspects. Virtuality isn't just for gaming, even though that's what most people believe.

Certain health facilities and schools use VR for educational purposes. The VRHealthInstitute website contains a bunch of tutorials, exercises, and practices for people who want to be able to exercise using VR, learn the ins and outs of the medical field, and several more topics. The VRHealthInstitute completes all of these tasks through VR, and the best thing about it is that it's all free.

Multiple websites such as Forbes list the ways that VR will change the world for the greater good and how it will soon become a valuable aspect of our daily lives. They talk about how the impact of VR will create a brighter and smarter future for the world which will allow tons of technological advances to come about.

What people need to understand about virtual reality is that as it's growing bigger with each year that passes, we as a society can benefit from it more and more. Schools are using it as a visual learning service for kids and young adults and different professions and fields are going to be using this service to better their businesses. The book "All About Virtual Reality" goes into depth with the creation of virtuality and how it affects people emotionally and physically and the gateway it provides for people who are unable to do certain things, like leaving the house.

Even though VR can be used for entertainment and educational purposes, people can also use it as their escape from the real world. Some people have really bad mental health problems or have really bad anxiety, and they go into virtual reality to relax their mind, body, and soul. The best part about that is that there are some people out there who have made different VR applications just for that sole purpose alone: to treat people's anxieties or to boost their mental health. The US National Library of Medicine even posted an article on their website stating how virtual reality itself has proved very useful in the past year when dealing with mental health cases.

The topic of VR is too big not to cover as I firmly believe that the role that it plays in the world will only grow more important. As we get older, new developments and new ways to do things start to come about. I can promise you that in a couple of years, maybe even sooner, virtual reality will take over several industries.

Looking at the bigger picture and everything that it has accomplished so far, I know for a fact that VR will be here to stay for a very very long time. The PCWTA Academy has done extensive research on VR and the lifespan/future has in this world and what they had to say is very impactful to any reader.

"Virtual reality is becoming increasingly accessible with developments in technology, making headsets and software development more common to meet education and training needs. Virtual reality experiences are intended to give the viewer a realistic experience inside a virtual world, using the technologies to influence the human brain into believing that what they are experiencing is real, allowing the impact of the VRE to be that of a seemingly real experience." -PCWTA

With these experiences in mind, we as a society can create bigger and better things that we already have. We can learn so much more than we already know and are capable of knowing. We, as a society through VR, can truly make a difference in this world. As I have stated before, people keep looking at only the entertainment aspect of virtual reality, but it's far more greater than that.

I believe that as soon as we reach the point where we don't see or think like that anymore, that's the point where we can finally continue to push forward and come up with new ways and discoveries to push the limits of VR even further. VR is the future, and the only thing we can do is use it to our advantage to create a better world.