breaking up
relationships

You Don't Always Need To Be With Someone To Be Happy

Happiness starts with you, not in the hands of someone else.

392
Steven Panicko

The one desire most people have in life is to be truly happy. Many people have different ideas of what happiness is, and there truly is no wrong answer because it's your life and no one can decide your happiness. For the longest time, I always relied on others for my happiness because I only thought you can be truly happy when you're in a relationship with someone. Don't get me wrong, being in love with someone is an amazing feeling and can definitely bring a ton of happiness. But you can't be constantly relying on someone else to bring you happiness. Because you can't always put all of your weight on someone else's shoulders because they have their own things they have to carry. You must learn to be truly happy on your own and love yourself before you can be with someone else you will never be truly happy if you are just looking for someone to fill that void of unhappiness you are feeling.

I know it's super cliché, but no one else can make you happy except you. If you're miserable alone, being with a significant other won't completely solve your problem. Before you be with someone else, you have to take care of yourself and go on a bit of a journey to learn more about yourself and find out what makes you happy and what you truly want. There's nothing wrong with being selfish when it comes to your happiness and your own well being. And this was a valuable lesson I have come to learn over these past 6-7 months after my ex left me. I felt like all my happiness was gone, so after that, I decided this would be my time to take care of myself and work on making myself better. Honestly, it was the best decision I made. I began to be happier and found joy in the little things in life. I began my own personal adventure and along the way, I found my happiness. Yes, it was scary at some points because I felt alone and like I'd never feel love. But in the end, I know everything will work out.

There will come a day when the one you have been searching for finally comes into your life. You will get married, start a family, and be happy. I promise you. The best things always come unexpectedly, but right now, you truly don't need to be with someone just to fill this lonely void to make you happy. Take this time to go out and adventure, learn more about yourself, try new things, spend time with your friends and family. Find what makes you happy, there truly is no wrong answer. But just remember, your happiness starts with you, not anyone else.