10 Reasons College Girls Always Call Their Moms 7 Days A Week
Parents

After all, she is your best friend, too.

472
Sierra Zinke

College is the probably the busiest you've been in your life between, school, work, and social life (and athletics if you play in college) but you can never forget to call you mom.

Your mom won't call you unless it has been "forever" since she has heard from you because she doesn't want to be a pain. And NEVER MAKE HER FEEL LIKE A PAIN.

As much as you don't want to be that person who has to talk to their mom or who's mom is all up in their business, BE THAT PERSON because...

1. She misses you.

Whether you are an only child, or have five siblings your mom misses you. She has one less mouth to feed, one less laugh to hear and a part of her entire world is not there. Hearing your voice is going to give her a little peace of mind.

2. She wants to know you’re alive.

If you don't hear from your best friend for a week, what's your first though? They're dead. Imagine what your mom thinks knowing you are hours away from home, making all decisions for yourself. And let's be honest our mom's know what happens in college. She just wants to know you're alive.

3. She can give you advice.

Having a bad day? Who do you call? Your best friend? Try calling your mom. She is much more experienced and chances are can give you straight forward advice that will actually help. Not to mention she is not going to judge you.

4. She will make you laugh.

Moms know us the best and know when we are upset even if we don't openly tell them. They know and they want nothing more than to make us happier even if it is in the slightest way possible. She knows exactly what to say to put a smile on your face and make you laugh even when you really don't want to.

5. She will tell you how it is.

She sure as hell isn't going to lie to you. Did you mess up? She'll tell you in the most lovable way but will also be able to get your head out of your butt and motivate you to do what you need to get done. Even if she is telling you how it is at least you know she loves you no matter what.

6. She was your first friend. 

Remember, when you were fighting with your friends and felt like you had no one else? Your mom was there. She made you laugh and smile and forget the struggles. She was the one who supported you always, even when you said something hurtful. She was your first friend and your first forever friend.

7. She is your number 1 fan

No matter what she will be your fan. She wants to hear about what is going on in your life, your successes and "failures". She will always support you, and brag about the progress you're making. She goes from being your biggest fan at birthday parties, plays, sporting events, concerts or competitions to cheering you from home while you're away. If anyone wants to see you win most, it is your mom.

8. She helped raise you and get you to where you are today.

First off, you would not be alive if it wasn't for your mom. Let alone you wouldn't know a lot of the fundamental skills in life, between right and wrong, left and right, cleaning skills (laundry). Your mom supported you through school, forced you to do all the crappy chores you complained about, or the homework you did not want to do but they shaped you into the person you are today. And that you should be happy about.

9. You don’t get to go home and see her as often and she wants/needs.

If you are like me and go to school 7 hours away from home, you do not get to see her often. You can be an entirely different person between visits and all she wants is to see your face, smile, and eyes. Even if you go to school close to home, it is hard to go from seeing someone everyday to once a week or month or even year. Give her some credit for not making you FaceTime her everyday.

10. She is your mom. And she loves you. 

I mean that should be enough as it is. She is your mom. She loves you. If you do nothing else for her just give her a quick call every now and again and let her know that you're doing well.

If you are anything like me, your mom is your best friend. I cannot even imagine going more than one day without talking to her. I literally call my mom just to tell her that I saw a dog or had really dank chicken nuggets for lunch. My mom is willing to do anything for me, and even listen to me when I call her about the most pointless things.

I have called my mom twice in the last two days about making appointments for when I am home, knowing full well that she is super busy and both times she takes the time out of her day to answer all my questions and help me.

Mom's are some of the most amazing people in the world. They are always willing to sacrifice to help us, even if that means sacrificing or doing something more difficult for them. She works incredibly hard to make you the best person you can be. Furthermore, no matter whether or not you have the same beliefs as your mom she will always love you and always do everything she can to help you. The least we can do is them a call and put a smile on their face every once and a while.