Buying Cheap Pots and Pans

All around the world, the majority of housewives have at least one thing in common; trying to save money. They try to keep money in one way or another to have some back-up for any unexpected household emergency. It is a good habit no doubt, but not if it costs you your health.

Don't Compromise

You can cut short on many things, but no compromise should ever be made when it comes to your well-being. Of course, all unnecessary spending should be discouraged when you are thinking about saving, but there are some things which you can't avoid.

The cookware you use is one of them. Every woman tries to offer her family with the healthiest food ingredients she is capable of. What they fail to realize is that the cookware is equally important.

Look For The Middle Ground

There is a huge variety of options available in the market. One often gets confused about what to choose, as the advertisers usually do a very good job of highlighting the positive aspects of their products; cost being the foremost of all the driving factors, especially these days.

When you are looking forward to save up a few bucks, you definitely feel inclined towards choosing the cheapest things available. Again, there is no harm in thinking that way! But do consider that a cheap product will definitely be lower in quality on some level. It's not like you have to pick up something off the shelves with the highest price tag to make sure the good health of your family. Trying to find the middle ground can be the safest option, that way you will normally get the best quality and the best value.

Know What You Are Looking For

The least you should do is to know your market. The most common types of cookware available in the market include aluminum, stainless steel, non-stick, cast iron, and ceramic. Get to know about their unique features so that you can make an informed decision.

Aluminum

Many people choose aluminum because it is cheap and apparently gives no immediately observable trouble. Also, it is a good conductor of heat and so cooking becomes easier. However, recent findings suggest that one should completely avoid the use of aluminum cookware, as aluminum has been shown to be present in the brains of those with Alzheimer's disease in larger than normal quantities. Although, this is not a proof, it is evidence enough for most health organizations to warn against its use. When aluminum is heated over and over, (and obviously cookware is going to be heated), it releases certain toxins which cause the disease. Although anodized aluminum has a thicker oxide coating, still it has risks.

That is not the only effect aluminum has; the toxins act as slow poisoning agents which, in the long run, have a severe effect on the liver and kidneys, brain, heart, body muscles and tissues, spleen and bones.

It causes stress, as brain tissues are damaged, memory loss, softening of bones and practically makes the person a useless wreck. Buying aluminum pots means saving money just to have a splendid funeral.

Non Stick?

Some consider non-stick materials to be the best. Why? Because they feel that these the best induction cookware from stone frying pans are very easy to cook in and even easier to clean. But there is a problem. You need to find out what compound has been used for the coating.

Make sure that it is not a Teflon-coated pan, as research proves that Teflon may cause cancer, badly affect the immune system and influence the health of an unborn child. Pregnant women, beware!

Copper

You should note that copper cookware is in a different class to aluminum, as it is an essential dietary micro nutrient, meaning that we need small quantities in our diet. Also, it is very unlikely that enough of it would leach from the cookware under normal cooking conditions for it to be considered toxic. So that can be a good choice. The main problems are that it is very expensive and requires a bit of maintenance to keep it in top condition.

Ceramic

Others say that ceramic is the best option available in the market, and it is also economical to some extent. If you choose ceramic, then make sure your cookware is not lead-coated, as lead is very harmful for the health.

Stainless Steel

From our search, the safest option available on the market is stainless steel. It is by far the most stable and resistant to leaching. Although there is a little evidence of the leaching of chromium, this does not present too much concern for the following reasons. Firstly, stainless steel is very stable when treated correctly and not damaged massively with wire cleaners, and secondly, chromium is an essential element in the human diet and has been shown to be deficient in most adult's diets today. The concerns over toxic nickel leaching are minimal due to the stability of the alloy.

Cooking good food in safe pots and pans is a great step towards staying healthy and there is nothing more important out there than your good health. Happy eating.

by Wajid Ali Apr 8, 2019