5 Bullet Journal Layouts You NEED To Use

5 Bullet Journal Layouts You NEED To Start Using

If you need some organization and creativity in your life, try these five beginner bullet journal layouts.

362

Bullet journals are one of the latest fad hobbies. From pages of Youtube videos to hundreds of pins, bullet journal-ing has taken over the crafting scene.

Why? It's simple, yet creative. Organized, yet artistic. If you're looking for an aesthetically-pleasing way to schedule your life, bullet journaling is the way to go. In a basic sense, bullet journaling can be anything you wish it to be. It can serve as a tracker for your hobbies or latest goals, a calendar for your weekly appointments and assignments, or simply an outlet for creative expression.

Whichever way you choose to utilize your bullet journal, here are five layouts you need to try at least once!

1. Weekly Spread (a.k.a. the calendar)

This is the most basic bullet journal layouts because it's something we're already used to - scheduling in a calendar! With a dotted or graphics notebook, you can easily connect the dots (or corners) to make straight lines. Break down your weekly spread by the day or the week depending on your daily needs. This daily spread is on a Friday with a water tracker, to-do list and other notes. Weekly calendar spreads can be really creative or modernly simplistic depending on your mood and lifestyle.

2. Mood Tracker

If you're struggling with staying positive throughout the day, or just want to know how your feelings fluctuate, you can design a mood tracker in the pages of your bullet journal! This creator made a planet with a geometric design along with 10 different moods. In my bullet journal, I created two boxes for each day (morning and evening) with three simple moods (positive, negative, and neutral). I highly suggest anyone who deals with anxiety or stress to utilize this bullet journal layout because you can see progression. If you take away anything from this article, remember that bullet journals reveal progress, time and effort!

3. Goals

This is another simple layout for bullet journal beginners. Create your goals, write them down and see progression by filling in a picture, shape or checkbox as you accomplish things. You can focus these layouts around the seasons (like Summer!) or events (birthdays, holidays, back-to-school). Goal layouts can be completely random, too. Typically, these layouts are extremely artistic and reflect the primary goals you have - this creator has summer goals, so she used flowers, warm colors and pretty fonts to spruce up the page.

4. Favorites

Another way to document your life is through favorites - favorite food, favorite music, favorite outfits, favorite movies. If you like it, why not bullet-journal about it? This creator wrote about her favorite k-pop artists and songs for the month, but you could keep a running list of your favorites. This layout is also perfect for adding other elements, like photos or doodles, to represent each item. Again, this can be as simple or as difficult as you intend! For lengthier favorite layouts, consider taking more time to design and organize the pages. This will make it easier to add more favorites in the future!

5. Notes

Yes, we dread going back to school and writing boring lecture notes, but if you bullet-journal your dreadful math homework, it'll make studying go by so much quicker! If you find yourself drifting away while studying, add color and dimension to your notes. This bullet journal layout is very organized, due to its note-like nature, but it doesn't have to be boring. This creator used a blue color scheme and interesting fonts to portray her math notes.