Budgeting In College Is Vital To Your Success
Education

Budgeting when you live on your own is one of the most important skills you can have

126
Cassidy Garren

Budgeting is by far one of the hardest things I have needed to learn during college, and with that being said, I am still not that great at it. It is, however, very important to learn early, and I have some tips to help. The first piece of advice I have is to make sure to pay all your bills at the beginning of the month. When you do this, you will know exactly how much money you will have to spend on everything else, and you won't be struggling to pay important bills at the very end of the month.

Another important tip is to look at prices when you grocery shop, and only buy things that you really need. Grocery shopping can be very stressful and it can make you want to impulse buy tons of random stuff. Get a good list and follow it! You won't need a ton of random different groceries, and they will just end up going bad in your apartment. Making sure you buy off-brand stuff can also help save some money, and in reality, they aren't much different than brand name stuff. You don't need to pay for the brand name.

A final tip is, try to save as much money as possible because you never know when life will throw something at you. If you get a flat tire or have to go to the doctor, you will be much more prepared if you have a savings account and money in the bank. If you don't have a savings account, you will feel unprepared for any extra costs that might come up and it will be really hard to pay for something that you may actually really need. Saving in college is one thing that everyone should prioritize.